CW and Revolutionary War bullets!! Newbie no more!!!

rayray3

Jan 17, 2006
Northern WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab EX2, Ace 250, Garrett pinpointer
Well maybe still new but now i got some street credit now!!
Went to a friends house in Yorktown and I found 3 CW bullets and a musket ball right on his property!! All within 3 hours. Found some nails, spikes, and what looks like a big pin for a trailer or wagon. Ill be going back. Hes got more land to detect and I'll be going back and getting as much detecting time in as possible there.
The musket ball was about 8 inches down and the CW bullets were around 4-6 inches down.
How do i determine where the musket ball came from? He said his land was more used on the revolutionary war.
He also said that it was hunted before several years ago. But I learned from you guys that " its never all hunted out"
Oh yeah, the sunray probe is a MUST!!!! That thing helped out in the mud and dirt. I ended up using it just about every time we started digging.

Beach hunting, check
relic hunting, check,
Gold coin,...............next

Upvote 0

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What caliber is the musket ball? You may never know for sure, but knowing the caliber may give a clue.

OP
OP
rayray3

rayray3

Jan 17, 2006
Northern WI
Detector(s) used
Rayyorktown051.jpg

Here are some finds after 2 days work. Also found a medallion that needs to be cleaned up. Ill be hitting again tommorow.

lawman0210

Jan 6, 2007
Edgewood, MD
Detector(s) used
Garret ATI Pro, Ace 250 ATI Gold, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what type of detector are you using?
What do the bullets register?

OP
OP
rayray3

rayray3

Jan 17, 2006
Northern WI
Detector(s) used
Lawman,
Im using a minelab Ex 2 and not sure what the ferrous or conductivity reads but if your familiar with minelab screen there way up in the left top corner. Ill take one and switch screens and see where they read.
Found more musket balls and 69ers today as well as a horseshoe. Good times.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions