New Mexico Tax Token

cowboy7450

Jun 17, 2014
Katy, Texas
Detector(s) used
Tek. Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
2014-05-23 20 35 06.jpg This is a 1935 New Mexico Tax token i found in my ucles peanut field in west Texas. Looks like someone used it as a washer

Upvote 0

DignTXRelics

Nov 22, 2013
San Antonio TX
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / F75 / G2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool find. Some of those old tax tokens are worth some $, but not the ones with holes in them. I hope you searched it well with your machine. Congrats

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Colorado state sales tax tokens were made with a hole in the middle. There were two aluminum versions, one square with a round hole and then a round one with a cross shaped hole. I have another COLO version that isn't even metal. (no hole)

I have a couple of 2 cent coins that were drilled and used as washers.

Now get back out in them fields and find some SILVER! HH ALL

OP
OP
cowboy7450

cowboy7450

Jun 17, 2014
Katy, Texas
Detector(s) used
Tek. Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea when i looked it up it is aluminum, but they never made one with a hole. When i first pulled it out i thought it was a mexican coin because of the hole. lol
I found it and found two 50 cal. machine gun shells from 1942 from WRA Windchester Repeting Arms right next to each other. Found out later that Camp Boowie use to run drills out there right after Pearl Harbor.

P.S. Im want to find some Gold to lmao

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Cool find. Some of those old tax tokens are worth some $, but not the ones with holes in them. I hope you searched it well with your machine. Congrats

From what I understand, none of them are worth much of anything. They're all common. If you know which ones have any collectable value, let us know. I've gotten to the point where I just throw all mine in my misc. junk box. During the depression a lot of folks moved west to CA. And, of course, the general population movement had always been westward anyhow. So we get a lot of those out here from all the states.

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
Funny seeing this post, I just found my first Washington State tax token last week! Been detecting for 15 years, never found one until now.

Ours have holes, made from Aluminum, but this one was badly corroded.

Yours looks pretty good!

etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They must have flown a plane over Louisiana and just dumped them everywhere:dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread