Where does a gold ring hit on the AT Pro indicator?

treasurehunter313

Apr 29, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A woman at work told me about her aunt lost her grandmothers ring while working in her yard a few years back. She said she doesn't think I can find it. I'm eager to prove her wrong haha. For those who have been lucky enough to find a gold ring with the AT Pro where does it hit on the indicator? Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Upvote 0

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
A woman at work told me about her aunt lost her grandmothers ring while working in her yard a few years back. She said she doesn't think I can find it. I'm eager to prove her wrong haha. For those who have been lucky enough to find a good ring with the AT Pro where does it hit on the indicator?

Thanks in advance

That would be right between "hair pin" and "Marlboro box seal".
After about a month of cleaning every last piece of trash out of your grandmother yard, try to borrow a metal detector from someone and the ring will sound out loud and clear.

OP
OP
treasurehunter313

treasurehunter313

Apr 29, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be right between "hair pin" and "Marlboro box seal". After about a month of cleaning every last piece of trash out of your grandmother yard, try to borrow a metal detector from someone and the ring will sound out loud and clear.

I dont know if you are being a smartass or not so I guess I should clarify what I meant... I have an AT Pro. I have not found a gold ring yet. I have a spot where there is a lost gold ring. I want to find it and return it. What signal should I look for on my AT Pro scale 1-100? I heard around 40ish.

DigginDownUnder

May 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It depends on a few variables, but will usually be around 50 mid tone

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
It depends on a few variables, but will usually be around 50 mid tone
I used one for three days once, 50'ish is also the indicator for beer can, galvanized fence trash and I phone cover rivets…..

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It shows you rite on the face.
It will be a very smooth and steady tone
ForumRunner_20140620_202539.png

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Put a gold ring on the ground and run your detector over it … and the number that comes up will sort of be your answer..

OP
OP
treasurehunter313

treasurehunter313

Apr 29, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it does..

I know it shows it on the display, but things hit at different signals many times. I just wanted some advice from those who found them using the device. I appreciate the advice. I'll update if I find it and what it hit at if I do haha.

HH

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck and I think the overall point is it will hit as different readings depending upon the size and weight and thickness as well as the purity of the gold it's all about conductivity that's why there's wide range on the display

OP
OP
treasurehunter313

treasurehunter313

Apr 29, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck and I think the overall point is it will hit as different readings depending upon the size and weight and thickness as well as the purity of the gold it's all about conductivity that's why there's wide range on the display

Thanks and what is your avi? I have been wondering, I have saw it on the forum before.. it looks wild.

Eddie Current

May 17, 2011
Flooorida
Detector(s) used
CTX /AT Pro / Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I detect with ATPRO all the time, Gold will hit anywhere from the low 40's to the mid 50's... I recently had a 18k ring hit at 42, but know other have had them hit in the 50's. Just take your time swinging and dig all the solid hits. The ATPRo is good on smaller gold rings.

OP
OP
treasurehunter313

treasurehunter313

Apr 29, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I detect with ATPRO all the time, Gold will hit anywhere from the low 40's to the mid 50's... I recently had a 18k ring hit at 42, but know other have had them hit in the 50's. Just take your time swinging and dig all the solid hits. The ATPRo is good on smaller gold rings.

Thank you will do. It amazes me that some people find so many cool rings. I have been killing the relics and old tools which I enjoy, but a ring wouldn't kill me haha

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Going to be in the 50-70 range depending on the K's, depth, and how the ring is orientated in the ground. 55-65 is the sweet spot that I've observed. 10k can drop I to the high 40s.

Good luck.

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Going to be in the 50-70 range depending on the K's, depth, and how the ring is orientated in the ground. 55-65 is the sweet spot that I've observed. 10k can drop I to the high 40s.

Good luck.

Yes, and be prepared to dig pull tabs, foil, and other junk in that range. That's one of the reasons a lot of people don't find Gold Rings, because it is in that trash range, and they don't want to dig all of that to find a 1 in 1,000 holes Gold ring...

Let us know if you find it. Good Luck!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
the frustrating truth is that there is a lot of trash that rings up exactly like the gold and silver, there is only one way to know for sure even though it may get really old but if it was easy, everyone would be doing it all the time. this is why so many give up and quit detecting, they expect instantaneous results with no work or sacrifice. this is why so many on this forum respect the finds of others, they know or have a pretty good idea as to what it most likely took to get their finds. use some grid work to ensure coverage, good luck.

sailoffwithme

May 19, 2014
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, pro pointer, AT Gold, Vulcan pointer
NEL 15 inch coil amazing
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a gold ring with the ace 250 shows up as a poptop, pulltab area.

Just go over the area in more than one direction or after a good rain I found you will locate things where you have all ready been
if you change directions. And after a rain the signals seem to be stronger.

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Start a pull tab and foil collection, (you may find a Buffalo nickle while you're at it).

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used one for three days once, 50'ish is also the indicator for beer can, galvanized fence trash and I phone cover rivets…..
You think the AT pro is the only detector that reads those targets in the 50s?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread