Top five spots at a park. Top five spots at a school.

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

kyleeskastles

Jun 21, 2014
birthplace of texas
Detector(s) used
BH sharpshooter II, BH pioneer 202, garrett csi pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look for sites of your old schools. Here there is a historical marker for the first public school of texas, and its not where our new school is.

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look for sites of your old schools. Here there is a historical marker for the first public school of texas, and its not where our new school is.

And quite often old schools still stand - but they are often absorbed into their surroundings, remodeled, and/or put to other uses.
I used to hit an old school that is now part of a larger seniors complex. Interestingly, most of the surrounding lawn was left intact.

kyleeskastles

Jun 21, 2014
birthplace of texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And quite often old schools still stand - but they are often absorbed into their surroundings, remodeled, and/or put to other uses.
I used to hit an old school that is now part of a larger seniors complex. Interestingly, most of the surrounding lawn was left intact.

I found the one im hitting tonight after it cools down, it still exist and is on google streets has a historical marker too:) https://www.google.com/maps/@30.167...!1e1!3m2!1s_LwWBYTdkFDyGQJG4pCb9A!2e0!6m1!1e1

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

kyleeskastles

Jun 21, 2014
birthplace of texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well i noticed that our school was fairly modern here, the high school anyway. So i got to thinking you know, what happened to the old schools here with the history of this county being what it is. So i googled old schools brenham texas and didnt see much in the links so i looked over the images. I got a few hits on those and went to the image locations and found out the first public school of texas was here. BOOM right! So i find out historical markers are there, just not the exact location, the marker is at 606 E alamo, but it really is at 600 E alamo. Enter it in google streets and found that baby. You would never know it without the research this was one of the first public schools here. Im not sure this is the very first building, but it was certainly one of the first few.

Took me a few hours of tinkering around to find it, but really all i did was start out looking in the basic history of the area. That has opened up a flood of potential targets, but some are private property like the old houses and farms(also searched old homes lol). itll make a day or more just looking up the old history of your area, finding old birdseye maps like: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/36/Old_map-Brenham-1873.jpg

Finding the original site is the hard part, just got to dig dig dig, alot like pulltabs!:tag_yellow::tag_yellow::tag_yellow:

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well i noticed that our school was fairly modern here, the high school anyway. So i got to thinking you know, what happened to the old schools here with the history of this county being what it is. So i googled old schools brenham texas and didnt see much in the links so i looked over the images. I got a few hits on those and went to the image locations and found out the first public school of texas was here. BOOM right! So i find out historical markers are there, just not the exact location, the marker is at 606 E alamo, but it really is at 600 E alamo. Enter it in google streets and found that baby. You would never know it without the research this was one of the first public schools here. Im not sure this is the very first building, but it was certainly one of the first few.

Took me a few hours of tinkering around to find it, but really all i did was start out looking in the basic history of the area. That has opened up a flood of potential targets, but some are private property like the old houses and farms(also searched old homes lol). itll make a day or more just looking up the old history of your area, finding old birdseye maps like: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/36/Old_map-Brenham-1873.jpg

Finding the original site is the hard part, just got to dig dig dig, alot like pulltabs!:tag_yellow::tag_yellow::tag_yellow:
Okay thanks!

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Xs 2a pro, Excalibur ll, Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty amazing tool this interwebz has become, well done on the research