Morning tot lot hunt

matrix master DBA

Jan 29, 2008
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Mxt Pro + Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunted a couple of tot lots this morning before the heat got to bad found $1.34 in clad a chuky cheese token a copper earring and a junker spinner ring. Still no gold or silver. .

ForumRunner_20140622_101523.png

Upvote 0

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not to bad of a day for the tot lot. Looks better then my last time at a tot lot.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
it looks better than a stick in the eye! lol. that's what my grandfather would say to put things into perspective for me. it could have been a whole lot worse. it just makes you appreciate the better digs even more so. good digging

OP
OP
matrix master DBA

matrix master DBA

Jan 29, 2008
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it looks better than a stick in the eye! lol. that's what my grandfather would say to put things into perspective for me. it could have been a whole lot worse. it just makes you appreciate the better digs even more so. good digging

I agree. LoL

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's not bad. Tot lots where I live must have been hit a lot already. I've tried them off and on for about a year, most I've found at any one site was about 60 cents in clad. Many trips resulted in just a couple of Zincolns. Found one small toy shovel in a sand box but only because it was slightly buried out of sight :). No jewelry, not even junk jewelry.

thumper

Nov 25, 2005
clifton forge virginia
Detector(s) used
radioshack discovery 2000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love tot lots and elementary school playgrounds..they have been very good to me

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not to bad of a day for the tot lot. Looks better then my last time at a tot lot.

Ya mine too, the tots must have been plying frisbee with their dads beer bottle caps! Tons of those!

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya mine too, the tots must have been plying frisbee with their dads beer bottle caps! Tons of those!

I think that is one of the problems with the tot lots in my neighborhoods. Only people losing anything there are teenagers who hang out at night and drink there. At least they could lose a class ring once in while, but nope.

OP
OP
matrix master DBA

matrix master DBA

Jan 29, 2008
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The elementary school tot lots have been the most productive. I look online for parks in my area and pick a few that I havent been to an check them out every once in awhile you get one that has been over looked. GL & HH

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a tot lot king. When I found the local tot lots being invaded and cleaned out pretty much as my finds had dropped considerably. I thought my detector was broke. If you want to know how good your detector really is, take your garret propointer and get on your hands and knees under the play equipment. Work the area slowly and grid it out. You will understand just how much you are missing with your detector. I have excellent equipment but there are just some things a VLF detector is not going to over come. My F75 can pick up the smallest of jewlrey piece and it still does not like the big metal around these play ground stations. The small coil helps, but does not allow me to cover much ground. I look mostly for new drops, which requires little digging and increases my finds to trash ratio. I cover as many lots as I can in a few hours Im able to hunt. See Im disabled and use the hobby for exercise. Digging tears me up. I have learned by being slow to cover areas more thourghly and digging is not required to metal detect. I have a hunting buddy who will attest I find the good stuff. I keep his T2 running hot if he wants to keep up with the old fat man.

OP
OP
matrix master DBA

matrix master DBA

Jan 29, 2008
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a tot lot king. When I found the local tot lots being invaded and cleaned out pretty much as my finds had dropped considerably. I thought my detector was broke. If you want to know how good your detector really is, take your garret propointer and get on your hands and knees under the play equipment. Work the area slowly and grid it out. You will understand just how much you are missing with your detector. I have excellent equipment but there are just some things a VLF detector is not going to over come. My F75 can pick up the smallest of jewlrey piece and it still does not like the big metal around these play ground stations. The small coil helps, but does not allow me to cover much ground. I look mostly for new drops, which requires little digging and increases my finds to trash ratio. I cover as many lots as I can in a few hours Im able to hunt. See Im disabled and use the hobby for exercise. Digging tears me up. I have learned by being slow to cover areas more thourghly and digging is not required to metal detect. I have a hunting buddy who will attest I find the good stuff. I keep his T2 running hot if he wants to keep up with the old fat man.

Good advice casca.. I use a small 4×6 coil and turn the gain down to about 3 or 4 to get closer to the metal pipes. I like the idea of using the probe. I will give it a shot..

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea casca does find good finds in tot lots when hunt together I do the digging and casca hits the tot lots I personally don't hunt them I never found anything in the other hand casca find tons of jewelry fake and real

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread