Found Me an X1

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve been looking for a Sunray X1 for my Etrac just like others have been since they don’t make them anymore. Well here’s a little heads up. I’m sure many of you know Vance from Vance Metal Detecting. Deals in new and quality used equipment and accessories. I must have been in the right place at the right time as he has hooked me up with one. Talked with him for quite a while early this morning and even ended up with a SEF 8x6. Going to need to do the mod thing to the new upper shaft (from Vance as well) since the X1 came off an Explorer. But I think I can handle that. Give Vance a call next time you need one of them “Must Haves” and nobody else has one. Vance just might

Upvote 0

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
grats! Sounds like a nice add-on to have.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
well, since as you say they're not made anymore, then it really doesn't matter how good any supplier is. There will come a time when ... simply .... no one will have them. RIP. Bummer that sunray didn't see the ongoing need for those of us with explorer series that predate the CTX :(

OP
OP
hunter_46356

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom, I don't quite now exactly why Sunray discontinued the Etrac version but I've heard it had to do with cost. They had run through their supply of upper rods and continued to sell a mod with customer rods sent to Sunray. Why they stopped is beyond me. Ehe Explorer series and the Etrac aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Especially with the CTX issues. Sounds like a market opportunity for someone who has the know how and the money.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a Sunray on my MXT and love it. I wish they had offered them for Tesoros and others.
luvsdux

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread