Thoughts on viper trident waterproof detector...

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a very cheaply made detector I would get the I pod

OP
OP
B

BennyD.42

Greenie
Jul 27, 2014
Upstate new york
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been doing a lot of snorkeling,what would a good dry land/under water detector be than?...would it be good for a beginner?

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a small hand held pulse detector called a vibra tector. It's only maybe 18 inches long, so only good if you are swimming close to the bottom. Not terribly deep but inexpensive.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been doing a lot of snorkeling,what would a good dry land/under water detector be than?...would it be good for a beginner?
What's your budget? For a machine that works good in water and on land, there are very few choices, and even fewer inexpensive ones. At the high end, the Minelab CTX is a wonderful machine and works great in both fresh and salt water. At a much lower price, the Garrett AT Pro is very good too except for salt water. It will work in that environment but you can't run it full blast. Most other machines will work in the water, OR land....not well in both. I'd pass on the Trident. You'd be better off giving that money to charity where it will do SOMEBODY some good.

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
...I have a chance to pick a brand new one up for $150.00, or an I-pod...is it a good deal?

I did a lot of research on water proof machines before I bought mine - for salt water. I came to the conclusion that if you are going under water or on the beach, you need a high end machine like PI machine or exal2/cz21. If fresh water, the garrett at pro is a good choice. I researched these trident machines and the reviews were pretty mixed. It did not seem worth the money.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did a lot of research on water proof machines before I bought mine - for salt water. I came to the conclusion that if you are going under water or on the beach, you need a high end machine like PI machine or exal2/cz21. If fresh water, the garrett at pro is a good choice. I researched these trident machines and the reviews were pretty mixed. It did not seem worth the money.
Those water machines wouldn't be much fun in a park. The Excalibur and the CZ21 would work in a pinch but a PI would be miserable.

goldnrelics

Apr 1, 2013
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortés, Tejón, Cibola, Cutlass II, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Killer Bee's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
biggest heaviest piece of **** from china (Even says made in CHINA) i ever used. sadly and there's two options both do the same thing, except one is blue!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread