blong10

Apr 9, 2014
New Castle
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD2, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Garrett AT PRO,
X-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently saw this pinpointer online and wondered if it is any good for $90. I would like to know if it is worth the price or Is it just junk so can anybody give a review on it if you own it like pros and cons and is a good pinpointer.

And the depth is supposed to be better than the Garrett from the videos I saw.

Upvote 0

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can buy one here: ( quote removed by mod/not supporting vendor)

I have owned one since March and it is just as deep as most others I and my friends have tested. It has PI circuitry and comes with a 2 year warranty, lanyard and sheath. The led light is very bright and it has 4 levels of sensitivity. It is a great product.

The key word here is PI circuitry. Having used and seen the difference in some units. I would go with PI anytime. But both work. I dont know anything about the brand listed. Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Some how you have got the wrong impression. I purchased one and have used it and tested it and I am very familiar with it. The issue was when it came out of the box there was no supporting papers or warranty cards. I hit the net and found a statement "repaired in the USA" well sir, that is a pretty big place and until I started this business to get that corrected everyone had no place to go if they had a failure. Now we know the importing organization and with a little push they are now promising to have the documents included in the box so case solved. I also own and use at least one each of all current manufactured pin pointers ( except the high dollar one with earphones) and I will say that every one of them came with those documents and they also have a supporting organization behind those documents. I believe that Xpointer will be in line with the market trend very soon.
Well if the X Pointer is to be in line with cost with the others soon... Then i guess i should get a hold of Bart at Big Boys now to save myself a lot of $$$$$$$$

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kep, Bart would be a good place to start. be sure to show him this--** I use only top name brand detectors *****

I have no know issues with the Xpointer other than it is marginal in sensitivity as compared to others. My only problem was the lack of proper marketing.

OP
OP
blong10

blong10

Apr 9, 2014
New Castle
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD2, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Garrett AT PRO,
X-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So once the x pointer hits the market better later on in time the price will increase

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Kep, Bart would be a good place to start. be sure to show him this--** I use only top name brand detectors *****

I have no know issues with the Xpointer other than it is marginal in sensitivity as compared to others. My only problem was the lack of proper marketing.
..Well you know how things are .. Now i will call the XPointer ..A top brand name detector….. You see that was easy ...

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The XPointer is a great device and a great value.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
My test was about 2 inches on a silver dime. The same as a RS pointer and a little less than my minlab.
I thought that being a PI it would be around 4 inches a little disappointment there..on depth ..But not on price.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if its reliability holds together it should be a pretty good seller provided we get good news this week on the support documents.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's made in China. That's enough to make me pass on buying one, regardless of price and performance.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
It's made in China. That's enough to make me pass on buying one, regardless of price and performance.

lol. Better check all your electronics, flatware, clothing, shoes, personal hygiene products, child/pet toys, small appliances etc as MANY of these are made in China and GE is one of the largest manufacturers in China these days so you need to sell that GE stock too. lol

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
lol. Better check all your electronics, flatware, clothing, shoes, personal hygiene products, child/pet toys, small appliances etc as MANY of these are made in China and GE is one of the largest manufacturers in China these days so you need to sell that GE stock too. lol

Yep, reality.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know, it's a sad state of affairs when we don't have a U.S. manufacturer for some items. I don't buy ANYTHING made in China if I can avoid it. All we're doing is buying them more bullets to point at us. Suicidal in my opinion.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Xpointer Salt Test:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you are swishing the Xpointer around you have your thumb over the speaker. You do the same thing when you show that its not falsing in the hole right before you test the gold. You slide your thumb way over to a different spot when you test the gold. WTH...why would you do this? You also have the Garrett Pro pointer speaker covered and we hear no falsing when you first stick it in the hole. You realize its covered and quickly slide your thumb up and then we hear the sound...I watched this video very closely, several times and couldn't believe what I was seeing...Please explain.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread