blong10

Apr 9, 2014
New Castle
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD2, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Garrett AT PRO,
X-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you are swishing the Xpointer around you have your thumb over the speaker. You do the same thing when you show that its not falsing in the hole right before you test the gold. You slide your thumb way over to a different spot when you test the gold. WTH...why would you do this? You also have the Garrett Pro pointer speaker covered and we hear no falsing when you first stick it in the hole. You realize its covered and quickly slide your thumb up and then we hear the sound...I watched this video very closely, several times and couldn't believe what I was seeing...Please explain.

Can you give me the link for the video

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got to hold the Whites TRX this weekend. If you like to dig deep targets, Its got a good inch on the propointer. Wish I had more time with it to give a good review. We all talk about made in china, I think customer service should be number one and if you cant get it repaired or fixed in a timely manner, you bought a head ache.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
When you are swishing the Xpointer around you have your thumb over the speaker. You do the same thing when you show that its not falsing in the hole right before you test the gold. You slide your thumb way over to a different spot when you test the gold. WTH...why would you do this? You also have the Garrett Pro pointer speaker covered and we hear no falsing when you first stick it in the hole. You realize its covered and quickly slide your thumb up and then we hear the sound...I watched this video very closely, several times and couldn't believe what I was seeing...Please explain.
It's not my video, I just shared it. I believe it was produced in NY or NJ.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have one and it's everything I need. It finds what is metal (in the hole or out) fast and effectively. The only (and I mean only) thing I would change is the metal snap on the holster (it has velcro on it as well) because when you sheath it, the PP picks up the snap. But when you turn it back on, the settings are memorized and it is fast to detect once again. It is just as deep (or deeper) than the Propointer at 2/3 the price. It does supertune as well. But I don't need to, as it is just right for me.

Chinese or not, it fits my needs and my pocketbook.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

You're grasping at straws. I just tried mine with my thumb over the hole, and it muffles it somewhat, but can be distinctly heard. There is a point on the end part off the video with his Xpointer shoved into the sand and his hands are open.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not my video, I just shared it. I believe it was produced in NY or NJ.
Thanks for the clarification...Im glad its not your video.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're grasping at straws. I just tried mine with my thumb over the hole, and it muffles it somewhat, but can be distinctly heard. There is a point on the end part off the video with his Xpointer shoved into the sand and his hands are open.
So your saying Im wrong and the video is not flawed? When he has his hand open its in a dry hole,no water. Im not saying its not a good pin pointer. Are you saying that the test in the video is not being manipulated? Im not grasping at straws, I told what I SAW in the video, not what I THOUGHT...that's not grasping, that's fact.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the water, I'd use a Vibraprobe which is fully waterproof to 100 feet. You're just asking for trouble using one that isn't. Also, the Uniprobe cable and probe are waterproof, and they're tethered to your headphones so using it in shallow water is fairly safe also. I use both and neither one of these two have any falsing problems in salt water.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So your saying Im wrong and the video is not flawed? When he has his hand open its in a dry hole,no water. Im not saying its not a good pin pointer. Are you saying that the test in the video is not being manipulated? Im not grasping at straws, I told what I SAW in the video, not what I THOUGHT...that's not grasping, that's fact.

I don't see flaws in the video because I have one and know how they act. I've tried the Propointer and KNOW it does false. My info is first hand. Is yours? Or do you judge only what you think you see?

I'll let the reader decide if you speak "facts".

Here's one on it's sensitivity. But watch out, part of the PP is off the screen.

Last edited:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't see flaws in the video because I have one and know how they act. I've tried the Propointer and KNOW it does false. My info is first hand. Is yours? Or do you judge only what you think you see?

I'll let the reader decide if you speak "facts".

Here's one on it's sensitivity. But watch out, part of the PP is off the screen.

I didn't say anything about the performance of the pinpointers or say that the Pro pointer didn't false. Im talking about the video being worthless because the pin pointers were obviously manipulated. What do you mean by "what I think I see" If you cant see the tester holding his thumb over the speaker everytime its in the water then you must be blind or don't care. I don't like trying to be tricked by someone and that's what the person did on the video. Are you upset because your the one who posted that video on Youtube?

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you upset because your the one who posted that video on Youtube?

You don't ask to get facts. It appears you assume and those are the facts. I don't post youtube video's. Didn't someone say it may have been NY or NJ. Since 2006 I have been in the place my avatar says I'm from. Do my machines look like I hunt salt water?

Yet you jump to conclusions even when the "facts" are in your face.

Penzfan and I did as the OP asked. And I guess he could listen to you. I don't know why though.

"I recently saw this pinpointer online and wondered if it is any good for $90. I would like to know if it is worth the price or Is it just junk so can anybody give a review on it if you own it like pros and cons and is a good pinpointer". -blong 10.

Last edited:

thebadger108

May 2, 2014
Payson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - Fortune Hunter!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I purchased this pinpointer on friday. I Have to say I watched every video I could find and read every review I could before my eyes crossed each night for over a weeks. My review for it is :thumbsup: it never falses! I took it out all weekend to the parks. I would not advise submerging it in water. The instructions in huge letters say DO NOT SUBMERGE IN WATER lol! Nevertheless I really like this pointer. I originally was saving up for a Garrett.. But after learning about this baby (looking through reviews for pro-pointer) and watching and reading the reviews I opted for the x-pointer and its GREAT! But to be fair I did upgrade from a BH pointer8-)!

Last edited:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't ask to get facts. It appears you assume and those are the facts. I don't post youtube video's. Didn't someone say it may have been NY or NJ. Since 2006 I have been in the place my avatar says I'm from. Do my machines look like I hunt salt water?

Yet you jump to conclusions even when the "facts" are in your face.

Penzfan and I did as the OP asked. And I guess he could listen to you. I don't know why though.

"I recently saw this pinpointer online and wondered if it is any good for $90. I would like to know if it is worth the price or Is it just junk so can anybody give a review on it if you own it like pros and cons and is a good pinpointer". -blong 10.
Facts are in my face? I guess that means you support the video since you refuse to answer my question...someone gave the OP a review on it with a bogus video and you obviously have an issue with me calling the video out...talk in circles to someone else...I wont reply to any more of your posts.

Last edited:

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! It's just a pinpointer. Not like we are buying an artificial heart. I understand wanting good info before a purchase, but there is no guarantee in any purchase you make until you try it for yourself. I watched every video and review on the Fisher F2 before buying one. It is a good machine but was not for me. There is a risk in every purchase. At $89 it is a small risk compared to the $129+ other top brands.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Facts are in my face? I guess that means you support the video since you refuse to answer my question...someone gave the OP a review on it with a bogus video and you obviously have an issue with me calling the video out...talk in circles to someone else...I wont reply to any more of your posts.

Good. I hate nonsense.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! It's just a pinpointer. Not like we are buying an artificial heart. I understand wanting good info before a purchase, but there is no guarantee in any purchase you make until you try it for yourself. I watched every video and review on the Fisher F2 before buying one. It is a good machine but was not for me. There is a risk in every purchase. At $89 it is a small risk compared to the $129+ other top brands.

LOL..................I know. I feel bad for the guy who took the time to make the video, post it, has nothing to gain because he probably doesn't sell it, and some person comes and just posts a negative view without merit. Reminds me of people who whip their kids in Disney World.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most all pin pointers can be tuned and de tuned to make them do what ever you want to reflect. Just take these video presentations as that individuals point of view and not as fact. There tends to be a lot of shill action to sway potential buyers one way or the other. I know that my own unit does not do well on small gold. This falls in line with other reports that I have seen posted. The x pointer is a lower cost unit but in my book it has its short comings with the gold which tells me that I could potentially miss a find that would have a greater value than the pointer its self so I if I were doing any hunting other than coin shooting I would definitely choose another pointer to be my tool of choice. I do however appreciate the efforts of most when the do take time to make good valid videos and post them for us to view.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I would like to know if it is worth the price or Is it just junk so can anybody give a review on it if you own it like pros and cons and is a good pinpointer". -blong 10.
I've owned one since April and it's a great product. I have even waterproofed mine with some Goop and a rubber washer so it can be submerged in salt water. That's my review...like it or not.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've owned one since April and it's a great product. I have even waterproofed mine with some Goop and a rubber washer so it can be submerged in salt water. That's my review...like it or not.
It looks like a great pin pointer at a great price.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions