In search of outhouse...

7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Currently use Garrett AT Pro, Previously used the Fisher F2 for one year
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I want to search an outhouse for any bottles, etc. Also, I want to metal detect around the outhouse for coins and relics....willing to travel up to 150 miles from Tucson, AZ. I don't care if there's a smell or even if it's still full of s*** and there's a TP holder on the side of the wall--- it has been a dream of mine to search an old outhouse as I hear there can be some valuable finds in these. Prefer that you be the private owner or affilated with the owner in some way so I can receive permission. I want to keep all proceeds from the search. However if something really valuable is uncovered(i.e. cache) it will be split 50/50 between myself and the owner. Members of this site, please do not try and talk me out of this, as this has been a dream of mine. As you can see, I am serious because I'm willing to travel far for my dream to come true. Thankyou ahead of time for your consideration.

Upvote 0

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If it is still full of s***, chances of finding anything old, are pretty crappy!

S

stefen

Some people have their head in the clouds...on the other hand you have your head...

Well, being politically correct, is like picking up a turd by the clean end...

2screwed

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You should ask for a little advice in the bottle forum or at least take a look through the forum for related threads. There are a lot of knowledgeable people there and with their tips and advice you should be able to find one close to home.

Bottles & Glass

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
most of the ones I know of are still being used

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you ever get to Ohio look me up my brother in law has a bunch of land and there has been a couple of home on it and they are gone now. I know he would give permission to dig there.....Matt

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to search an outhouse for any bottles, etc. Also, I want to metal detect around the oOuthouse for coins and relics....willing to travel up to 150 miles from Tucson, AZ. I don't care if there's a smell or even if it's still full of s*** and there's a TP holder on the side of the wall--- it has been a dream of mine to search an old outhouse as I hear there can be some valuable finds in these. Prefer that you be the private owner or affilated with the owner in some way so I can receive permission. I want to keep all proceeds from the search. However if something really valuable is uncovered(i.e. cache) it will be split 50/50 between myself and the owner. Members of this site, please do not
try and talk me out of this, as this has been a dream of mine. As you can see, I am serious because I'm willing to travel far for my dream to come true. Thankyou ahead of time for your consideration.
Ok so you want to dig privies. Well first of all in general you are in the wrong part of the country . Best privy digging is in the in the older cities in the northeast and Midwest . Why you ask? Well because they had privies that were dug out and dipped (cleaned periodically) . You want to find small old small city yards where several privy holes were dug and not dipped. And by old I mean 1830 to 1870 ideally. In Arizona most privies were probably shallow and therefore surface type privies with trash long scattered. However if you can find old mining towns / ghost towns maybe you'll have some luck . You would be better served to search old ravines for example on the outskirts of town . While your enthusiasm is admirable and I don't mean to burst your bubble this type of bottle hunting has been going on for 50 years and it isn't easy to find untapped sites especially in your neck of the woods. And any privy with fresh crap in the hole it is highly unlikely you will want to dig.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP

7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Currently use Garrett AT Pro, Previously used the Fisher F2 for one year
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if you ever get to Ohio look me up my brother in law has a bunch of land and there has been a couple of home on it and they are gone now. I know he would give permission to dig there.....Matt
Thanks Matt. I'll keep that in mind. I may be traveling to Illinois next Spring and staying the summer. A jaunt over to Ohio isn't out of the question. Regards.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
MLayers, I would very much like to take up your offer if I get up that way. Really! Terry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread