Does anyone know what a $1 GOLD coin reads on an F75?

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
It's not possible to answer because you have too many factors and variables, such as mineralization, coil type and size, target depth, target angle, adjacent trash pieces, sensitivity settings, and other machine settings, and soil moisture content (maybe?), and whether or not there is a full moon, and is the machine properly ground balanced, and how long the target has been in the dirt, or, if you want to test the target in an air test, in which you have to worry about gb settings, because there is no ground in the air :dontknow: or whether you test the target freshly buried and how deep, or if you test the target in your ancient test garden (like mine, I have one of each size US gold coin all at about 6" but I dont have a F75) :( , and how many wobbly pops was drinked, and other things. Buck, am I close? lol

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
You have been here since 2006 and have over 14000 posts and you ask that question … I HAVE TO AGREE WITH …. gleaner1 … you must have been drinking when you ask that question..

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I just think Buck is up to some shenanigans. I hope I am right. I mean I hope I am right about Buck being up to some tnet shenanigans :sad5:

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I apologize to Buck and all of tnet for high jacking this post, I believe in proper etiquette on the forum. I dont own f75, and I never found a gold coin. I bought one, a holed one dollar, and I am keeping it, so I can fool my old tectin buddy that I found a gold coin. He's gonna be pissed when I tell him I bought it just to see the look on his face.

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Buck!! Sorry I don't own a F75, but the ATP is about 58ish and the ETrac is smarter than I am!! PM me if you want to get together and try out your unit!! I happen to have a $5 coin around!! GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not possible to answer because you have too many factors and variables, such as mineralization, coil type and size, target depth, target angle, adjacent trash pieces, sensitivity settings, and other machine settings, and soil moisture content (maybe?), and whether or not there is a full moon, and is the machine properly ground balanced, and how long the target has been in the dirt, or, if you want to test the target in an air test, in which you have to worry about gb settings, because there is no ground in the air :dontknow: or whether you test the target freshly buried and how deep, or if you test the target in your ancient test garden (like mine, I have one of each size US gold coin all at about 6" but I dont have a F75) :( , and how many wobbly pops was drinked, and other things. Buck, am I close? lol

What I'm not interested in is the number of beers consumed. I'm interested in a simple air test, which should not have many variables that would affect the most consistent reading that these coins could give.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I apologize to Buck and all of tnet for high jacking this post, I believe in proper etiquette on the forum. I dont own f75, and I never found a gold coin. I bought one, a holed one dollar, and I am keeping it, so I can fool my old tectin buddy that I found a gold coin. He's gonna be pissed when I tell him I bought it just to see the look on his face.

Why was my question not proper etiquette? Since for the FIRST time I now live in an area where I might have a HOPE of digging a $1 gold coin, I want to make certain that I know AROUND what VDI a $1 gold will read on my machine. In other words, if I leave a signal behind that reads in the high 10s on my VDI, do I run that risk? And even an air test would let me know within a couple VDI numbers what one should read in the MILD soil we have down here in South Louisiana!! With the volume of silver coins we are digging down here, I think it's only a matter of time on the gold one--and I don't want to miss it!

Last edited:
OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have been here since 2006 and have over 14000 posts and you ask that question … I HAVE TO AGREE WITH …. gleaner1 … you must have been drinking when you ask that question..

I might get to 100,000 posts before I dig a gold coin. Who knows! I'm trying to figure out what they read, so I don't LEAVE ONE IN A FIELD! Thought if I posted my question here it'd save me the expense of BUYING one to find out! I searched for about 30 minutes with the Tnet search feature and couldn't find an answer, which is more than many Tnet member do--but I still answer and try to help OTHER MEMBERS HERE when they ask questions that I have personally answered A HUNDRED TIMES. Since you want to come onto my post just to show your @$$, perhaps you can locate a post where someone dug a $1 gold and wrote IN THE POST what the VDI was on the coin. How many of YOUR 6,000 posts do YOU remember making? And how many of the TENS OF THOUSANDS of threads here on Tnet do YOU remember seeing? I'm allowed to post a question here about an item that I've never dug, and expect an honest, helpful reply, just the same as anyone else. So don't come onto my thread just to be insulting.

Last edited:

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Why was my question not proper etiquette? Since for the FIRST time I now live in an area where I might have a HOPE of digging a $1 gold coin, I want to make certain that I know AROUND what VDI a $1 gold will read on my machine. In other words, if I leave a signal behind that reads in the high 10s on my VDI, do I run that risk? And even an air test would let me know within a couple VDI numbers what one should read in the MILD soil we have down here in South Louisiana!! With the volume of silver coins we are digging down here, I think it's only a matter of time on the gold one--and I don't want to miss it!

Oh No! Buck, I am apologizing for not conforming to proper etiquette, you are ok. I am the one blabbing about a subject that I have no right to answer, because I have not a f75, and I have never found a gold coin. I did not mean you were not conforming, I meant me. Sorry once again. You, sir, are impeccable. I never let a deep mid tone stay in the ground. I was just trying to explain the simple fact that you cannot simply ask "What numbers does a gold coin give on a certain machine?", because nobody can give a real answer. It is profoundly unanswerable.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I always say, if you want to dig gold, just dig anything in the aluminum range. It's that simple. Agreed?

Simple in principle, but we're talking about tiny gold coins here, 13-14mm in diameter and only .05oz of gold. I have a strong hunch that $1 gold and 1/2 escudo gold (mexican republic or Carolus) falls in the foil range. Just wanted someone to agree/disagree, since there are so many of those signals out there. There is normally so much to dig at an immense plantation complex site, that I have trouble getting motivated to dig targets that read in the teens on the VDI. Aluminum reads higher, most can slaw and larger foil too. Its the small bits of foil and tiny canslaw that reads in the teens, as well as tiny pieces of lead that are deep.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Gold coins fall in the aluminum/brass/lead/foil range, and have similar numbers depending on a wide range of factors, and there are multiples of millions of trash targets for every gold coin, so it is practically impossible to put a number on a gold coin, because any one of those aluminum/brass/lead/foil targets can have the same number as the elusive gold coin, and it is practically impossible to find a gold coin anyway, because there are precious few to be found. Nickels have the same numbers as gold coins too. You cannot find a gold coin because of a number. Let's put it this way. You will find hundreds of gold rings before you will find a gold coin, because there are so many gold rings out there, way more than gold coins, and they all have the same numbers within a few points. There are probably thousands of gold rings found for every gold coin found, and they all have similar conductivity anyway. You will pay your dues and find hundreds of can slaw, and bullets, and brass and foil and nickels and such before you find a stinkin gold ring. Sometimes, one of those pull tabs or crap will be a gold coin, but dont bank on it, and dont try to put a number on it. You could go up to the park and pull a gold coin as simply as putting your socks on, but it wont have anything to do with a number. Gold coins are out there, but you wont find one if you try to find one. Not gonna happen.

Last edited:

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I may find a gold coin someday, because I dig everything deep medium in the old parks and lawns, looking for old tokens and trinkets, and gold rings and such. I dont even think about gold coins, but I do think gold rings and medals. I would be happy with a deep button or v nickel or ihc or brass fob. I remember an old timer that I know, very good metal detector expert, around for thirty plus years, very dedicated, found a million silver, but never found a gold coin. But then there are a few guys around on tnet that got's a few gold coins, like five and ten and more. It's crazy madness. It's ludicrous almost. I forgot his name I think Tom in Ca. has a few.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions