New Discriminating PIs

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
Re: New Discriminating PIs

Yes- for real. What Willy told you on another thread is correct.
I forgot to mention that the GS5(which I own) and the Infinium do have high/low and low/high tone metal ID functions. Using various GB positions on the GS5 gives good iron ID and low/versus high conductor determination. They are NOT DISCRIMINATING PIs but metal ID PIs. You just have to recognize the tones and what they tell you. They can not eliminate iron as VLFs can. They also do not have TID screens just tones.

Dave Emery's Pulse Devil PD1000 is a discriminating PI and will be out sometime this year(hopefully in a couple months). For the coin/relic version it will have TID and metal discrimination similar to VLFs. Can't say when as Oz testing has not been completed. Will be coin/relic versions as well as a nugget version. It has already been build so waiting for testing to check for any problems. For the nugget version- not cheap- probably $2000 but it will probably make high end VLFs obsolete. Dave feels his PI will be competitive with the GPX4000 which is the deepest PI out there for small objects.
Go back to the messages here to get further information. A lot of information here on the Pulse Devil posted by Dave.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ProspectinginOz/messages

The Nuggethunting forum also has some good posts by Reg about the upcoming discriminating PIs
http://www.nuggethunting.com/forums...=Z-A&sort_key=last_post&topicfilter=all&st=60

There are also several other discriminating PIs coming out this year. Whites will introduce one. The French also have the Adonis- another discriminating PI- It's release was supposed to be March but has been put back. Information on the Adonis can be found in the Geotech forum threads. Another European model the "Stinger" was mentioned on the Geotech forum- but no information on ability.

Allan Westersten's Goldsweeper is another nugget PI which has iron ID capability however he is involved in other projects so I question when his discriminating PI will be introduced this year.

I think 2007 will be the year of the discriminating PI

George

Willy

Re: New Discriminating PIs

The problem is time frame. The manufacturers are either keeping quiet or, as in the case of the PD, encountering unforeseen delays. This makes things really difficult since the mining season is starting and others are starting to get out and detect. A lot of people are probably looking to buy at this time and no disc.'ing PI's. About the only real choices out there, at the moment , are the Garrett Infinium and the Goldscan 5. I'm tempted to pick up another Infinium, for now, and get whatever goodies I can. Waiting around, like a jilted bride at the altar, won't find me any gold. Knowing my luck, a week after I pick up an Infinium there will be a disc.'ing PI released. Good thing I'm not prone to ulcers. ..Willy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread