coin beach delaware

Stephen1

Aug 20, 2014
Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys! I'm heading down to coin beach next weekend to do some metal detecting. I was there last weekend without very much luck but I'm going to try my luck again. I was wondering what part of the beach I might have the best luck on to hopefully find something from the faithful steward wreck. Since there hasn't been a big storm lately Idk if I should be hunting the surf line or the dune line. I have a fisher f2 so the wet sand is out of the question. I'm also going to be detecting oc also around 75th street since there is a wreck located there also. Any info would be helpful. Thanks!

Upvote 0

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hibernia is on the other thread, however I just found the file again. Went back this weekend thinking the storms had stored some goodies on the beach and got totally skunked. Not even any decent sea glass. I have both PI and vlf machines. coin beach.jpg

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what im hearing from the locals. The beaches are empty and nothing but occasional clad is found. This is unusual for our area, the winter usually churns up the beaches and produces

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I both have surf fishing tags on our Jeeps. We are there almost every other weekend in the warmer months.
This beach is one of my favorite fishing spots and now since I got this Fisher cz70 pro I am jumping outta my skin to get back this year.

What about any of the other beaches that are covered by the surf fishing tags?
Has anything been found on any of those? As much as I like that part of the beach there it has been picked over pretty good.

Always up for a new place.

Hit

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Later this winter arrived. I finally got out today and have a new White's TDI. It did ok, but I used the all metal mode because it wouldn't read a test British copper except in the low range. There wasn't a lot of metal on the small section of beach I was looking at. I hit the mid sand. One other person was looking in a trench, he found some sinkers. The TDI picked out an old iron can almost 3' deep. That was not fun. I finally spotted a new penny on the top of the sand and decided to look in the immediate area a little harder. Found a clad Roosevelt and let out the war whoop with a pristine 1781 Hibernia copper.

I agree with Pa! Let's see the Hibernia!

JrMack

Feb 16, 2014
steuben co. ny
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter, x-terra 305/505/705,discovery TF 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been recently reading about the wreck and want to go if there is a good storm this fall. I lived at dover in the early 80's and fished off the coast guard dock often-being I was in usaf, but wished I had ben into detecting back then! Put it on my bucket list! About 8 hrs drive from corning ny. maybe get rewarded with a gold coin for the trip! LOL! JR

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mostly the beaches are picked clean. No offense intended we see the out if town metal detectorists come in and they're one of three types. 1. They park right on the high tide mark/black sand..2. They know what they're doing and no problems 3. Keep bugging the locals on where to hunt and like seagulls pick at everything up and down the beach. I especially love the drunk out of towners who come up and say to my hunting buddies " if u find anything good its mine" me being oh just a smidge bigger than normal like to reach in my trash pouch and pull out beer cans and throw it down and say here's your stuff. Had one guy drunk enough to want to fight over it and his buddy say no no they're cool I lost my wedding band and they helped me find it and offered us a beer. Tourists are tourists no matter where u go but id 100 times rather have that tourist be one of us and respect the area rather than see ppl dig holes and bury beer cans and dirty diapers. Sorry I ranted nut that was last labor day for me and stuff like that chaps my rear.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hitndehead, scroll up in the thread to see the pic. Beach is squeaky clean of metal right now and it doesn't look like many people have been there detecting.

Marylanddetctr

Aug 20, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2
Whites spectrum xlt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only one I have ever found there was way up near the dunes towards the life saving station. I found it before sandy, I think it was 2012. Anyways the funny thing was It was the first time I ever went to coin beach and I've been atleast 15 times since then and haven't found a thing. It was a super worn British half penny

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out this Sunday just to prove a rumor I heard was untrue. Rumor was there was a dune washout just north of the station and some old coins were found. I parked north of that point and went all the way down to the station and did a lot of zig zagging. Nothing old at all. Found 20 modern coins evenly spread over the area, many on top of the ground, and it proves to me it was just another story, and there were no washed out dunes. Detectorists would not have left the easy pickin' coins just lying there. Maybe next fall, after a hurricane. But I had fun.

Marylanddetctr

Aug 20, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2
Whites spectrum xlt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427720215.170179.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427720244.848542.jpg .

Found this up near the dunes yesterday, it's really waxy and has 3 Modern pennies that I can see stuck in it. They could be wheat pennies I do not know. Any idea what it might be.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Until we have a wicked hurricane hit the beach its a total waste of time to go. We have a guy in the club who lives just a couple minutes away from there and reports the conditions to us weekly and until I hear from him that there's something im not wasting time and money

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread