BILLY T

BILLY T

Aug 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good evening (Eastern Australia) & thank you for being accepted into your web site. For my first post I would like to ask your members to assist me with a problem concerning a Garrett A2B metal detector which was gifted to my wife some time ago by a now deceased relative. I have just decided to try to power it up & commence searching my acreage which housed an old railway station & school. Regrettably I have lost the instructions & am having trouble in activating the unit. I have trolled the net but have been unable to find the type of batteries it uses & actually where to place them in the unit. In one blog I read, I believe it uses 4 9v batteries. The only place I can see where to put them is in the back of the unit by removing a rectangular piece of metal but cannot see how they can be located there & at this time cannot find a relevant diagram of the detector to guide me further. Any assistance with this problem would be appreciated.

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet Billy T. You should be able to get a copy of the manual at the Kellyco web site or through Garrett. If I remember correctly, that machine was both VLF and TR. It also divided the batteries into two groups. One set for the coil and one for the sound. Good machine for it's day but there are LOTS of better ones now. Good Luck with that old dinosaur!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread