Crazy lady, at the soccer fields..................wow!

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hunted the soccer fields, I always hit, today. As I was working along the edge of the woods, and the edge of the playing area, I look up and see this car coming at me from the parking lot, right across the fields. As she pulls up, with a child in the car, and rolls down her window, I remove my head phones, to her screaming, " We have ask you for three years not to dig holes here, "we have a girl with a broken ankle, right now, and I have your licences number, and am giving it to the insurance Co.................To which I replied " Mam I have only been doing this for two years, and no one has ever ask me not to, do you see any holes?" " Then why do you have a shovel?" ( lesche digger) So I explained the whole process, locate, retrieve, fill SMALL hole, and offered to leave, and not return, explaining that my kids, and grandkids, have all played here, and I was not even in the playing area! and I wanted no problems, she said yes GO! She drove back to the concession trailer, and was doing something inside (waiting to see if I was leaving), When I walked by to get to my Jeep, she stuck her head out and apologized, for being so rude, we had a short talk about people, and I left. I think all the times I called her mam, made her feel guilty! Boy I have a sore tongue, with a lot of teeth marks in it!!!

Upvote 0

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are far better than me ( and a few others it seems). I would have told her to FO.
Diplomacy is not my calling.

Sometimes you really just have to bite your tongue. When people come after you like this woman did to the guy who started this thread, they are expecting the person they are yelling at to "push back" when they go off on them If you told her to FO, no longer would she be seen as the crazed woman with a chip on her shoulder, but more as the "poor defenseless mom trying to protect her children from the evil man digging holes and leaving Punji sticks for children to fall into". At least that how it would seem when the police arrived.

I have a family member who likes to start arguments and create drama, but when when it back fires, suddenly they become the victim. Best way to deal with people who hold this mentality is is to just avoid them. You can't win an argument with an idiot.

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good job Coop. The world is full of crazies, best to just let them simmer and think about what idiots they are being.

Pete

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
The world is full of crazies, best to just let them simmer and think about what idiots they are being.

Thats the whole problem they dont and never will realize it.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good show! You did well for yourself and the hobby!

reednc

May 23, 2012
Columbus, OH
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Earlier this summer I was kicked out of the local park by the town mayor. He said it was a historic park and wasn't sure if I should be there. A few weeks later they had heavy equipment in there putting in sidewalks. A backhoe is OK but my Lesche is not.

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Earlier this summer I was kicked out of the local park by the town mayor. He said it was a historic park and wasn't sure if I should be there. A few weeks later they had heavy equipment in there putting in sidewalks. A backhoe is OK but my Lesche is not.

I was denied permission to hunt a site where an old home had been torn down. The owner said that I would "destroy the grass". A few weeks after I had asked for permission they bulldozed the entire lot flat and paved over it to create a parking lot. So much for damaging the grass.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Great job on holding your tongue! In my younger days i would have told her to go
to h--l! But it always backfired on me! So now I treat them with kindness and reason if possible
and they dry up quick!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I was denied permission to hunt a site where an old home had been torn down. The owner said that I would "destroy the grass". A few weeks after I had asked for permission they bulldozed the entire lot flat and paved over it to create a parking lot. So much for damaging the grass.

Jeremy you did done found yourself a genuine unadulterated idiot to ask.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think the best thing to do when some idiot is in the wrong and yelling at you is to bite your tongue and walk away. Not standing up for yourself is a sure way to get things taken away. If I was allowed to be there and doing nothing illegal there is no way I would have asked her if she wanted me to leave. If I ended up losing that spot in the end, so be it, I could live with that. I could not sleep at night knowing I let someone treat me that way and run me off when I was doing nothing wrong. Be silent and get walked on...not me.

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
She said she was somthing to do with the soccer Association( some title). I know for a fact that the Soccer Assocation leases part of the park, that I was in, for their fields. Right or wrong? I know I did nothing wrong, dont need the hassle, to many other spots to hunt!!
I don't think the best thing to do when some idiot is in the wrong and yelling at you is to bite your tongue and walk away. Not standing up for yourself is a sure way to get things taken away. If I was allowed to be there and doing nothing illegal there is no way I would have asked her if she wanted me to leave. If I ended up losing that spot in the end, so be it, I could live with that. I could not sleep at night knowing I let someone treat me that way and run me off when I was doing nothing wrong. Be silent and get walked on...not me.

DainBrammage

Apr 1, 2014
Desoto County, MS
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She said she was somthing to do with the soccer Association( some title). I know for a fact that the Soccer Assocation leases part of the park, that I was in, for their fields. Right or wrong? I know I did nothing wrong, dont need the hassle, to many other spots to hunt!!

If you know for a fact that the lease that area then they have every right to tell you not to dig there regardless of where and how you were digging.

You did the correct thing by handling it calmly and diplomatically, despite the "encouragement" some here are giving you to do otherwise. No doubt some "diggers" a-hole has been digging up the fields and you caught the brunt of it.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You didn't tell us she had the place leased. No wonder you left. She was in the right and can tell you what she wants. Thanks for the rest of the story...it changes everything.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So do fat, pot bellied, metal detectorists... :laughing7:

Lets see you strap on the boots and sprint for 90+ continuous minutes.

On behalf of people who hate soccer...NO! That is why we hate it!!!!

YumaMarc

Dec 12, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Minelab Quattro
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, HEY! FOOTBALL sucks. FUTBOL ROCKS! ¡Viva BARÇA! :icon_thumright:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Soccer is for pretty boys...all the top players look like models.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread