CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

madforclad

May 7, 2014
Hunting previously pounded sites
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab X Terra 705, Garrett AT Pro with 5" x 8" coil, Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, RTG 710 Scoop.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The short answer...not nearly enough. I hold a regular job so by the time I get home each evening, have supper, and spend time with my daughter it does not leave me much time. On weekends I try to get out twice however the weather plays a huge role. Its a little better in the summer as the days are longer but now we are moving into fall here on the east coast and its getting darker earlier every night.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every day if I want to.....and if my body can hold up!:laughing7:

troutbum

Sep 14, 2014
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXt 505, Tesoro Sand shark, Whites coinmaster pro. Tesoro Compadre.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before operation on back, 3-4 days a week. None now. Next week , back to 3-4 days or more. I'm retired.:occasion14:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sunday mornings are pretty much it for me.... from 8am till about noon... will be getting 4 weeks vacation next year at work(15 years benefit!), so if we go out of town I will beep for a full day at best.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
as I seem to be one of the few here with a full time job, not often.
being 87 doesn't help either

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I try to sneak out once or twice during the week and again on the weekend.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cudmark and me are pretty much in the same boat. I have decided to mix my schedule with park hunts, and then my scouting hunts. I do this at random as it never fails soon as I find a new spot, someone visits and trashes the place. I would detect full time if my health would allow me.

Coin Digger

Jul 13, 2008
Williams County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The kids are grown and out of the house and I work 2nd shift. So weather permitting when ever I want.
With the kids back in school theirs no one in the parks in the morning until noon when office people show up and park for their lunch break. There's 7 towns in the county, and if I added right, that gives me about 20 parks to hunt not counting all the football fields, ball fields and soccer fields. I save the weekends for places I've researched.
I tend to avoid schools anymore, even when there out, people eye you with suspicion. I don't blame them with all the crap these days.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least once during the week for a couple hours, then about 6 hours each day of the weekend...I used to be able to detect alot more than that..but you know....theres that "job" thing holding me back..lol

RiverRat

Jun 30, 2012
Clearlake, N. California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Garrett Pro Pointer,Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm retired so no problems with conflicting schedules...but...I live in an area that gets REALLY hot during spring/summer/early fall...like high 90's....so it's actually harder to hunt now, during indian summer, unless I go in the am or evening...I'm not a morning person so that limits me to evenings....so ,bottom line, couple hours 2-3x a week...,

hammer0419

Aug 20, 2014
OC NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I could get out once a week I would be happy!!

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Between my kids activities and my other activities(biking,hockey) and my work, I am lucky to get out maybe 4-6 hours a month total. Would love hunt much more, but enjoy/grateful for the time I get.

Pete

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Between my kids activities and my other activities(biking,hockey) and my work, I am lucky to get out maybe 4-6 hours a month total. Would love hunt much more, but enjoy/grateful for the time I get.

Pete

I guess that explains your logo.:laughing7: Not to worry...........the BIG ONE is coming!!

gunntekk1

Mar 19, 2005
Newport PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200 and ACE 250, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get out from 8-10am and on Mondays from 8am to 1pm, arm tends to get worn out

Fourwayz

Jun 18, 2007
Out Biking
Detector(s) used
Still deciding IF I want to try again
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can hunt whenever I feel like it. However, anything close to me has been WAY over hunted. Getting permission from owners is virtually impossible. Going to the beach is a 2 hour drive and is out of the question. All dressed up and nowhere to go.

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Being retired anytime i want but in my area summertime kills me with the heat and humidity.Summertime 2 hours in the mourning evening time 1 hour.Winter 3 to 5 hours.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can hunt whenever I feel like it. However, anything close to me has been WAY over hunted. Getting permission from owners is virtually impossible. Going to the beach is a 2 hour drive and is out of the question. All dressed up and nowhere to go.
Why is permission so difficult? Just how bad do you smell?? :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread