cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If he had added more water, some laundry detergent, and some vinegar, they would have been cleaner in a shorter period of time.

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree

add water until reaches the top of the rocks then add a drop or so of dawn dish soap and tumble it for like an hour.

bikermike

Jul 14, 2012
Stillwater, OK
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, 6.5x9 coil, 4.5 sniper coil, 5x8DD coil, Garrett AT Gold, Centec pinpointer, Garrett pro pointer, Ames digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just put them all in a plastic container with toilet bowl cleaner and agitate for a few minutes. It even eats most of the corrosion off the zinc cents. Then it is off to the CoinStar!

Mike
KK6OMT

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Too much effort.....
Dig.
Roll.
Deposit.

that's the easy way.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too much effort.....
Dig.
Roll.
Deposit.

that's the easy way.

Thank you!

Seeing some of these peoples methods are hilairous. There isnt a science to getting dirt of coins.

I do tumble my coins...with ONLY Water..its works fine...I don't separate anything...WHY Would you?

WATER CLEANS COINS IN A TUMBLER..lol

I just cashed in 177 bucks and the only rejects were toasted zinc

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just rinse mine off and take them to my bank twice a year...they run them through their machine for free and give me cash...most of my coins are discolored with many black ones but they have no physical dirt on them...been doing it for the last four years and they never say a word.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
and the point of cleaning clad coins is?????????

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't separate anything...WHY Would you

Maybe I doing something wrong but when I tumble my pennies with the regular clad the pennies turns the other stuff pinkish/copper looking. Now this is with water, water dish washing detergent, or salt/vinegar.. and these are beach coins. So now I do two different loads. Just cleaned the summer coins...looks like close to 300.oo plus, be interesting to see how far I am off..

OBN0340.jpg Cashed in today, total... 275.99

Last edited:

mreese1849

Apr 6, 2012
Ga
Detector(s) used
Present: Minelab equinox 600
Past: Teknetics eurotek pro, Minelab xterra 705, At pro, Fisher f75 se, Explorer SE PRO, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried rolling mine and they refused because they were discollered. The lady opened the roll and said I don't think so.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and the point of cleaning clad coins is?????????

I only do it because the dirt here is like clay....Plus Ive broke 3 coinstars in the last year. The lady wasn't happy to see what coins I were putting in there.

When it jammed, there was still money in que and she said she couldnt get it out and could only pay me what the machine recorded, so i ended up loosing a few bucks

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where do most of you guys cash in the coins? I have a big big pile and need to tumble them. Who will take the quarters that have lost their clad color and are copper colored? Or..... do they still have there silver clad color and just need a tumbling?

I know somebody that puts them in soda machines and then hits the coin return button. He trades the crappy looking stuff for fresh coins.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are copper colored if they are tumbled with pennies. Once cleaned you can run them through coin counters and pay a fee or roll them..

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where do most of you guys cash in the coins? I have a big big pile and need to tumble them. Who will take the quarters that have lost their clad color and are copper colored? Or..... do they still have there silver clad color and just need a tumbling?

I know somebody that puts them in soda machines and then hits the coin return button. He trades the crappy looking stuff for fresh coins.

I did the soda machine thing before at work..got screwed over by it take a couple quarters once and didnt do it.

The Color doesn't matter, its still the same coin. I feel its not my fault the country makes coins from inferior materials. What I personally do is take them to the Coinstar for an Amazon giftcard, No Fees. I end up using it on my Kids and Wife's Christmas gifts

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions