FORS gold and dredging, best clean up yet!

Goldie

Tenderfoot
Feb 4, 2014
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I decided to use my VLF metal detector to help identify the payline before I got my dredge on at a spot I had worked a couple times in the past. Found it worked better than I expected. There is mostly fine gold in the area I work and I have been finding much more lead in the better gold spots. I figured I may not be able to detect the fine gold, but I could detect the higher concentrations of lead. Therefore, I should dredge higher concentrations of gold along with the lead. Put together a video to show how I did it. It seems you need a detector that can handle the high black sand concentrations. I tried using my relic detector with too much interference. The VLF detectors solve this issue. I am using my new Nokta Fors, which is a gold specific VLF, and excellent at finding the fine stuff. No problems with the high mineralization of the area.
Sorry for the poor quality, was pretty cold that day. I didn't include the other areas detected, just the best line I found that I actually dredged. Lots of fines, few pickers, mostly fines nothing the dahlke couldn't handle. Hope you enjoy. If you have a VLF detector and a dredge, give it a try, it may help improve your recovery too!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking pan of gold!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Good use of the detector to find the pay-streak by the lead!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread