jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt with my T2 and happy with it have found all kinds of silver, gold and relics. My friend just got a Garrett atpro and let me use for month. I m can excited to see if atpro is good as my T2 keep you guys posted , I'm going to over the places were I hit with my T2 sooooo let's see

Upvote 0

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet it will be nice to hear your feedback how you like or don't like you at pro...

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You will love it. the 1st 10 hours you will think it is crap but once you learn it a bit you will love it

jeweler21

Mar 8, 2013
San Angelo, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Garrett AT pro, Teknetics T2, Garrett GTAX 500, A.H. Electronics Super Pro 5, Fisher VLF 555 D/B, Garrett AT Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went the opposite direction to you, I had the ATP for a little over a year and decided I needed something deeper. I bought the T2 and was completely disappointed in it. The T2 was slower. much noisier, harder to distinguish targets.
I use the 8X5 DD coil on the ATP, excellent coil. I decided to give the T2 another chance and ordered the NEL 5.5X9.5 Sharpshooter coil. It made the readings much more accurate, detector is not nearly as noisy and actually a lot like the ATP.
I now use both about equal amounts of time. If I prefer a more relaxed hunt, I use the ATP. If I want to really clean out an area, I use the T2.
The ATP is faster and more comfortable to use than the T2. The T2 has a little more depth, is more accurate on ID of nickels and gold. Overall, the ATP has paid for itself a couple of times over. It will probably be a long time before the T2 pays for itself.
Good Luck & HH

PS: I have found very few items in places that I have already been with ATP. I think it would be the same result in covering places that I have already been with the T2.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread