My 1st Caped Bust half Dime-Pic/video

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Nokta- Fors core / Makro--CF77 / Minelab CTX 3030 / XP deus /Velox 1 / RS PinPointer /Makro Waterproof PinPointer
I took a buddy I met on the TQ forum about a month ago to a site along the Erie Barge Canal.This house goes back to very early 1800.It borders the canal and a Local Railway Line.The yard has maybe 3 or 4 acres and there are prob 30 acres of corn field surrounding the property.I hunted here a few times in the past alone and found a couple large cents and a fish scale,canadian half dime.Also a few other wheaties and modern silvers.Today I had a decent signal on the Deus after digging several cool items earlier in the hunt.I will be honest I do not rember the numbers,I was just digging anything not Iron.When I flipped the lid back and dug down about 5 inches I found what I really thought was a small Button.I called bill over too show him my BUTTON and i noticed no shank and some writing on both sides.Wow what a rush when I realized this tiny little thing was a US coin.Here is a link to the Video and the dig. Someone did put some holes in the Half dime for a necklace it looks like.I also found a few other Relics that are in the Video(Buckles/Lipstick tube/Button).Bill Found 3 first! A Flat button,A silver Quarter,and a Large Cent.That just made the day perfect.Seeing the look on his face finding stuff he's never found was the best.The Video is short.Thanks for checking out the Hunt. HH Jim T 118_0198 croped.jpg 118_0202 croped.jpg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread