Upvote 0

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rat-Shack has them in-store for under $10. Let us know how the 700's work for you. I found them to be a bit too laggy.

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They weren't too laggy for me, but since the ear piece doesn't cup the ear, every time I would push the Lesche in the earth the sudden movement from my body would cause the overly heavy headband to fall forward.
Sometimes the WR700's would fall completely off.

The dongle is huge so using the inline volume control is recommended to avoid plugging the jack directly into the detector in addition to controlling the volume.
I mounted mine with Velcro but the design requires mounting to the battery cover. Ergo if the dongle is bumped, the cover pops open and it falls apart and dangles by the cord.

Lastly, the WR700's powers down after 3 minutes of no audio, so if your detector has no audible threshold and you are in a clean area or cherry picking, they will shut down on you without any indication.
You could be swinging for a while thinking there are no targets. Needless to say, mine are in the pile of stupid purchases.

OP
OP
Eagle101

Eagle101

Jul 22, 2012
New England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Gold,
Garrett AT Pro. Makro racer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the info. I bought them because I read that a bunch of guys liked them. I hope I didn't waste my money. If I did I will just resell them on eBay and get my money back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions