finds with eurotek pro

mreese1849

Apr 6, 2012
Ga
Detector(s) used
Present: Minelab equinox 600
Past: Teknetics eurotek pro, Minelab xterra 705, At pro, Fisher f75 se, Explorer SE PRO, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys and gals. I wanted to share some of my finds from over the past few months with my eurotek pro. This little detector does not disappoint. 1414108116082-2123461276.jpg 1414108279170244456919.jpg ok the coin pendant I did not find lol I got it at auction.

Upvote 0

greaser

Oct 21, 2014
minnesota
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors CoRe, Bounty Hunter Land Ranger PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds.

OP
OP
mreese1849

mreese1849

Apr 6, 2012
Ga
Detector(s) used
Past: Teknetics eurotek pro, Minelab xterra 705, At pro, Fisher f75 se, Explorer SE PRO, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks I'd say it's paid for itself lol

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool digs, did you find those on private property or public lands... Just curious, I have found a few Mercs on public lands, but most of my older finds have been on private properties.

OP
OP
mreese1849

mreese1849

Apr 6, 2012
Ga
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool digs, did you find those on private property or public lands... Just curious, I have found a few Mercs on public lands, but most of my older finds have been on private properties.
I usually only hunt parks and sidewalks. I just try to research where the more popular places were at different time periods. Two of the city parks where I use to live were civil war camps. I found eight of those silver coins in two days where a small triangle area of grass is across from an old mill. You would maybe be able to park one car in the size area they were in. Sidewalks in old neighborhoods are very good as well. Found that 14k wedding band hunting the sidewalks as well as some buffaloes and some of the other silver. Along with a mason jars amount of wheats lol

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Really great finds.

I almost bought the ETP but ended up with the Delta instead.
I have to say, I love it and the good finds are beginning to add up. I believe I'm a Tek man for the foreseeable future.

Great bunch of finds you got there. Looks like your machine has paid for itself a couple of times.
Congrats on a great few months.

OP
OP
mreese1849

mreese1849

Apr 6, 2012
Ga
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks and yeah I love both teknetiks and fischer. I may get another at pro for water hunting, but the cool thing about the etp is that when you put the volume to 10 it completely eliminates all iron tones. Makes it great for hunting tough spots. Took it to some of the places I had my minelab and f75 se and picked out stuff I had missed with them. I also find a lot more nickles for some reason lol easier to distinguish between nickles and pulltabs.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks and yeah I love both teknetiks and fischer. I may get another at pro for water hunting, but the cool thing about the etp is that when you put the volume to 10 it completely eliminates all iron tones. Makes it great for hunting tough spots. Took it to some of the places I had my minelab and f75 se and picked out stuff I had missed with them. I also find a lot more nickles for some reason lol easier to distinguish between nickles and pulltabs.

I've been picking up a ton of nickels myself lately.

As I understand it, the ETP is specifically designed to hunt around, over and under iron because there is so much of it in Europe.
Whatever they did, I've heard nothing but good things about it.

One thing about the Delta is, it finds the SMALLEST deep targets. I'm just amazed at what it "sees" and how deep it picks things up. I'm hunting at a whole new level with this one.

I've heard the ETP is also good at sniffing out the tiny targets as well right?? The depth between the two is supposed to be almost identical from what I've read so far.
They're definitely nice machines and anyone willing to put in the time and effort can have them pay for themselves in no time.

It only took me about two weeks. I got really lucky that time. That's not why I hunt but it's a nice benefit regardless.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mreese1849

mreese1849

Apr 6, 2012
Ga
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah it definitely finds the small targets... I don't even run the detector at full sensitivity.

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds. I have been using the eurotek since May. And have 3 gold rings. 10 junk rings. 26 silver coins. Such a great machine for the price

I hunt with these settings

Dsc 0
Volume 16
Sensitivity 10. (Unless I am
In a weird mineralized area like my front yard. Then it has to be turned to 5. To stop the chatter)

OP
OP
mreese1849

mreese1849

Apr 6, 2012
Ga
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds. I have been using the eurotek since May. And have 3 gold rings. 10 junk rings. 26 silver coins. Such a great machine for the price

I hunt with these settings

Dsc 0
Volume 16
Sensitivity 10. (Unless I am
In a weird mineralized area like my front yard. Then it has to be turned to 5. To stop the chatter)

Just curious... does hunting with iron on help you at all? I have always left the volume at ten which eliminates it.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah it definitely finds the small targets... I don't even run the detector at full sensitivity.

I can only run mine at full sensitivity at a couple of spots. It does great at the default setting of 8 which is about 70%. It just gets better and deeper as you click up from there. It tops out at 12.
I always try and run it as high as I can get away with, usually at least 10.

I also had my first bad EMI experience a few days ago. I stopped at a field I've never really hunted hard, turned on my machine and it went really crazy. I had to back it down to about 6. Then I realized that I was literally almost directly under some high power lines. The towers were hidden pretty well among the trees. I knew immediately that something wasn't right. I had completely forgotten that there were power lines running through that area.

Other than that I haven't had any problems.

Last edited:

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious... does hunting with iron on help you at all? I have always left the volume at ten which eliminates it.
It helps when you get those high tones on the edge of some rusty iron. That way I don't have to look at the iron indicator and just rely on my ears. At 16 the iron volume is very low and doesn't really bother me in heavy iron areas

OP
OP
mreese1849

mreese1849

Apr 6, 2012
Ga
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't really experienced any EMI with it yet... not horrible interference anyway lol.it definitely can't handle wet sand at the beach. I will have to try hunting with the volume at 16 as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread