Vancouver
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Garrett AT Pro
Deteknix Xpointer
ProPointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been MD-ing for a few months now, and while my wife has been at my side for every hunt I can tell she wants to do more than carry the backpack full of tools and water bottles. I have told her plenty of times that if she doesn't want to watch me have all the fun or feels bored to just let me know. We agreed that a second MD would be a good idea.

Last weekend I asked if she felt comfortable using our Coinmaster and she said that as long as she could shorten it to a comfortable length and it wasn't too heavy she would be fine with it. At only 2 1/2 lbs and after adjusting the height she was soon swinging it around effortlessly. The only caveat is that she would also like another handheld pinpointer, which is no problem.

anyways I was looking for a new detector for myself, hoping to use it for general relic hunting/coin shooting. I would also like a detector that can scan saltwater sand, possibly with the option to take it underwater in freshwater rivers. Numerical readout is a must, and discrepancy options as well as a built-in pinpointer. something with changeable coils would be nice, especially if it means having the ability to sweep saltwater sand with a bigger coil.

I have looked on the site Metal Detector News, Reviews and Ratings and have been looking at the Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, and AT Pro. I am open to other models/manufacturers as well

thanks for your input :icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

TheHappyCanadian

Sep 14, 2014
Vancouver
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Garrett AT Pro
Deteknix Xpointer
ProPointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same-same. ^^^ :thumbsup:

I love my ATP but now looking for a better one, and my plans are to use my AT with a sniper coil and an Anderson shaft. It'll be a designated river rat at that point, because for the money there are better detectors available.

oddly enough I was watching a video on youtube yesterday where someone mounted their ATP to an Anderson shaft and it looks like something I might have to try: Anderson Detector Shafts- Enhance Your Metal Detecting Experience - Garrett

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CTX is too expensive and masks out good targets in iron infested sites like old home sites...
Only if you try using discrimination. It's all about using little or no discrimination when hunting in iron or trashy sites with ML's and any detector that you can hunt by sound with.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread