Eldari

Tenderfoot
Oct 29, 2014
Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just pulled the trigger on a CTX 3030 and Garrett Pro pointer tonight. First timer, but really looking forward to their arrival on Monday.
Already have permission from the military base I work at to detect anywhere but the ranges.

My goal for this weekend is to figure out what other accessories I need, and try to pick them up. Some type of digging tool is an obvious choice, but I'm open to any suggestions you guys have.

I look forward to posting my finds and getting to know some of you!

Upvote 0

kenstein

Sep 28, 2012
N.E. Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 , Pro pointer, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to Treasure Net. That's a very nice machine. Happy hunting. My regular accessories include a belted pouch, a Lesche digger (comes with a sheath to fasten to belt), another short handled shovel, pro-pointer, and, if I'm going to be out for several hours, a backpack to help separate the trash from the treasure.

OP
OP
E

Eldari

Tenderfoot
Oct 29, 2014
Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to Treasure Net. That's a very nice machine. Happy hunting. My regular accessories include a belted pouch, a Lesche digger (comes with a sheath to fasten to belt), another short handled shovel, pro-pointer, and, if I'm going to be out for several hours, a backpack to help separate the trash from the treasure.

The Lesche is certainly on my list, I'm still trying to decide on a decent shovel though. Thanks for your input, I appreciate it.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Lesche takes the place of the shovel, but use of them causes to much damage to turf and soon I fear you will lose permission. Ok in the brush though. A lot of us after pinpointing probe with a screw driver, but I use a bayonet for making a slit to pop the coin out, plus it wedges in pull tabs and rings. A plain nail apron for coins and trash is about all you'll need till you take that 3030 in the water where the real gold is found.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TNet. Congrats on the CTX, it is an awesome machine. I hunt with Smittyman, he uses a CTX, and does really well, for his age.

I use a Lesche digger and the Garrett pouch. Check out Predator Tools for a shovel.

Holler if you ever get down to the Charlotte area. GL&HH!

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also use a Lesche digger, hasn't failed me yet. There were in fact a couple of times trying to pry something loose where I thought I'd break my hand before the Lesche would break! I also use a simple nail apron to carry trash and keepers.

Welcome aboard and happy hunting! 8-)

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you have to dig, place the dirt on a piece of plastic cloth so all the dirt can be placed back in the hole.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Check out A M Leonard's site. I got a knife style digger and an all steel shovel from them 14 years ago and am still using them to park hunt and to cache hunt. I do agree with Sandman about the use of a probe to 'pop' out targets in grassy sites. I use a probe that is actually a mechanics alignment tool. It is a 10" tapered shaft, about 3/8" to a point. They are sold in auto supply stores. They don't break or bend. Frank five star.png
hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

Last edited:

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lesche "sampson" 31" shovel is a must have....

OP
OP
E

Eldari

Tenderfoot
Oct 29, 2014
Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lesche "sampson" 31" shovel is a must have....

Just bought the shovel and digger, what else?
I was thinking of going down to the local military surplus place and looking for some type of harness to attach all of the tools to

smittyman

Jun 6, 2012
Charlotte NC
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may want some knee pads and some thin gloves. I use ear buds with my WM10. Carolina Tom is right I also have the CTX and do pretty well.
He does pretty also good - for a jackass!

jackass.jpg

Hi Tom!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread