FISHER F75 SE ??? How do you like yours?

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like mine a lot. Con is the later F-75's have the Boost and Cache features. Cannot say how they work but in my local soil I don't ofter get a chance to max out the sensitivity so I'm not sure I would benefit. I REALLY like the 6.5" elliptical coil in trashy areas.

Battery life is great and it's light. Easy to maneuver through the menus.

Add a Sunray FX-1 pinpointer and it's a top-shelf coin machine.

OP
OP
masterjedi

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks so much for the response :)
I want to buy the newest SE model with the new updates... thanks again... Gary

GroundSnooper

Mar 10, 2007
St. Paris, Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, XLT, MXT, GMT. Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Sunray on my Whites DFX, it works great but my only and BIG complaint is my own fault of forgetfullness. If you forget to switch it back to coil you will never find anything LOL. I now have also a Fisher F75 and bought the Garrett pinpointer for it. No more forgetting to switch the coil for me...................at least on the Fisher.

PS:If you go with the Sunray, when you use it make sure you hold it only by the end. I have seen a lot of guys just grab it like a flashlight and use it. That will definitley cut down on its distance to detect. Just FYI. Other that that, the Sunray is an EXCELLENT probe and I highly recommend it over anyone elses who offer intergrated probes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
masterjedi

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great info.... thanks!

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The F75 SE is a good, deep machine- and with the updates to stabilize the EMI issues it will only be better!

Add the Sunray pointer and you really have an awesome coin or relic hunting setup. :thumbsup:

GroundSnooper

Mar 10, 2007
St. Paris, Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The F75 SE is a good, deep machine- and with the updates to stabilize the EMI issues it will only be better! Add the Sunray pointer and you really have an awesome coin or relic hunting setup. :thumbsup:
Do you have a link I can read about what the update is? I recently won a Fisher F75 and am really enjoying it. I previously have been a Whites fan but this one seems to get better depth bit is chatty as hell, I have to turn the sensitivity way down to be able to stand it. Any info is appreciated.

GroundSnooper

Mar 10, 2007
St. Paris, Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In reference to the original post, so far I love this machine. As stated it is easy to maneuver through the menu and make quick changes. Only needing 4 AA batteries is a huge plus as my Whites needs 8. It is super light compared to my whites but seems a bit chatty although that may very well be dialing in the settings. My opinion is the pinpointing is less than expected compared to my Whites but practice will improve that. It certainly goes deeper.

OP
OP
masterjedi

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks everyone for the replies...
Go to Fishers site to read about the upgrades...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions