CTX 3030 run in the corn-NYS Militia sword plate?Pic-Video

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Nokta- Fors core / Makro--CF77 / Minelab CTX 3030 / XP deus /Velox 1 / RS PinPointer /Makro Waterproof PinPointer
I went to a spot today I have been eyeing up for about 6 years maybe.I asked one of the land owners about 4 years ago and waited ,but never received a reply.Well I ran into his brother this time and go the ok.I know there was a house on the site,And i'm thinking due to location on a creek it may have been a trading post(more research needed).So I goto the spot ,I have maybe 2 hours before I need to get my son from school and when I get there the corns still up..Ughh.I figure I will use the time to atleast see if I can locate all the glass and brick,get a general Idea where The house stood.I started to find the brick and pottery fairly quick and started to get a few signals.Nothing really giving any clue yet as to what was there.I picked up a bunch of 22 casings and a 243 I believe(was big).So Im out in this thick corn and I get a nice signal,dig down 6 to 8 inches and find an old piece of lead,i figure it was prob a bullet but to hard to tell the age or type.I fill in the hole and swing the ctx coil back over it just out of habit and bang...and nice signal.Fills in a red dot on the screen with target trace and gives me some sweet numbers.Well I figure its prob more lead and almost walk away.Ahh what the heck I may as well dig it out now ..I will have to some other time.Well i start digging in some rocky hard soil they havent plowed in awhile.They just replant right over the old corn stalks and everything nowadays.So im digging and digging and really ready to just call it a deep can or some large lead maybe from the house.Im down so deep my makro pinpointer was all the way in the hole.So after pin pointing I hit it with my shovel and start scraping it(I could punch myself in the face!)And trying to get to an edge.O great it is a can...wait I see a patern on that...I Finally get it out of the hole and hers what I found Also here is a link to the Video.The pic is not very good and I had a hard time cropping.Sorry bout that.

Attachments

• 121_0236cropped.jpg
    121_0236cropped.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 91
  • 121_0238cropped.jpg
    121_0238cropped.jpg
    376.7 KB · Views: 96
  • cropped.jpg
    cropped.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 104
Upvote 0
OP
OP
N

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Nokta- Fors core / Makro--CF77 / Minelab CTX 3030 / XP deus /Velox 1 / RS PinPointer /Makro Waterproof PinPointer
Thank you Friend 8-)

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
It looks like something has been buffed out above E Pluribus Unum! Frank five star.png
Nice find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread