What am I doing wrong? Please help...

evan2002

Greenie
Nov 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well... I bought the Beach Hunter ID 300 today off craigslist. Everything seemed alright and the machine was going off at the correct times when passing over something silver or gold.

I don't think it is working properly.... The blue and yellow lights are constantly lighting up and randomly making sounds. I laid it on my kitchen table and immediately when I turn the machine on, the lights both start going crazy.

When I toggle it to "All Metal" it no longer makes noise in the head phones, but the light continue to go crazy. Even when I hold it 5 feet off the ground in my house, and just simply turn it to "on", the lights go crazy and the head phones start chattering.

All the youtube videos I have watched on the machine don't seem to have this issue. Did I get ripped?

Upvote 0

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would take it outside and try it. Also, you might want to get the manual and read it. steve

OP
OP
E

evan2002

Greenie
Nov 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll try it again in the morning, but it seemed to be doing the same thing when I first got home a tried it outside. I'm hoping it's just a grounding issue I am having because it's my first machine... I have read the manual and watched numerous videos and not in any of the videos have the lights gone off like these ones are when the machine is first turned on. I'll keep reading.

OP
OP
E

evan2002

Greenie
Nov 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Steve. Think I am just having interference issues. I read some previous posts from rookies that were having the same issues. Sounds like I just need to take it outside and mess with it.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
sound like EMI so yes take it outside away from power lines,WiFi routers,under ground dog fences...and lower the sensitivity till you get used to the detector.
Gary

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it was working properly when you bought it then it sounds like it could be EMI, if so it will be erratic in the house and in your yard if the field is large. Need to check it away from all electrical interference.... Also check your sensitivity, you may have it set too hot....

Sandancer

Jul 18, 2014
As has been suggested this is probably due to electro magnetic impulses from something within range of the machine's response
capability. The BHID 300 is a very sensitive machine, and from my experience will not work inside the average house or even in neighborhoods where there are close by sources of emi. If this is not the problem then try a total reboot by removing the battery pack. If that does not work then it probable needs service.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
just so I am clear, do you have a metal plate in your head?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
come on you know I'm joking

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're close enough to the beach, take it there to test. That's where it will be important that it's stable. I can't turn on any of my machines inside the house without them squawking something awful. Only a few will even be stable outside my house in my yard due to all the various EMI in the neighborhood.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a different detector and it goes crazy in the house and it's not as sensitive. Doesn't like power lines either.

Cherokee Dan

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Teknetics 4000 Garrett Pin Pointer
AT Pro, Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even if you didn't have any electronic devices in your house, you are surrounded by metal objects of all kinds. Drywall screws in all walls, metal appliances, rebar or wire mesch in your slab. Etc. I have two different detectors and they do act up in my house.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In house electrical wiring will cause interference at times as well...

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check the batteries !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread