Trouble with thee Garrett 250

TMRoberts

Aug 3, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are detecting in the Mojave Dessert and have found a few places where our machine goes crazy. It constantly picks up signals in several different ranges. I changed out the batteries but it kept doing it. We walked for about 20 minutes and the entire time the machine kept registering targets. We dug multiple holes and never found a thing. We also tried all the different modes and varied the sensitivity with the same results. Hopefully someone out there has experienced this same issue. Thanks

Chris

Upvote 0

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are probably in an area with high mineralization and/or hot rocks. With a detector with no auto/manual ground balance you will be fighting false signals forever in these type of conditions. Try lowering the sensitivity on the 250, that's about the only control you have against it.

ATProAdam

Jan 25, 2013
Salisbury NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a older guy on YouTube who has a video on setting for using the ace250 in saltwater setting and adjusting describe. It may help even though it's a desert, still high minerals. Just search ace 250 saltwater settings or something like that. Hope it helps. I loved my ace250 but got the AT Pro now.

OP
OP
T

TMRoberts

Aug 3, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ATProAdam,
That helps a lot. Thanks
Chris

ATProAdam

Jan 25, 2013
Salisbury NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great, real glad to help. I love my at pro but my ace 250 is still a great machine to use.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread