Trigger pulled, Makro from Barts

xxJimboxx

Nov 19, 2014
Rio Rancho New Mexico
Detector(s) used
TEK 4000,TEK G2, Makro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been detecting off and on for lil while now, it takes me way too long to find a target especially in grass plugs. After reading alot recently I decided a pin pointer is a necessity so I scored the Arffer freight Cen tec, I thought it would help but that dang thing drove me nuts even after tweaking it. So with my meager Christmas bonus decided to give the Makro a try. After all ive heard of Barts BBH decided to give him a go, cant wait till it gets here im itching to hunt, and hope I will gain an edge.....Now ive got to start saving for a better Machine my nephew will be handed down the BH. Wish me luck HH all...

Upvote 0

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Im definitely shopping around ZR2 :) Well little update I went on a four hour hunt today at the park with a sharpend up trowel from Lowes. I left the Makro scraping shield at home and used the smooth one it worked flawlessly, I was super happy with it. I didn't dig with it or pry. I did put a bit of pressure on it and no falsing whatsoever :) I found a mountain of junk and a little clad, beautiful sunny day.....
Yes that is what some do not under stand a pin pointer is made to pin point … Not to dig and pry with … Good for you using it the right way..

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I loved my Garrett when it worked. Like I said, in the end it would false just turning it on. It died one month after the warranty had expired. So I had to choose on whether to pay to have it fixed, buy a new one, or try a new brand. I chose the new brand and at a fraction of the cost of my Garrett. I have gotten everything and more than I expected. I have had mine for 4 months now and am still very happy. If the Garrett had been the same price as my Deteknix at the time, I would have bought the Garrett. Since then I don't think I would. I still don't think a good pinpointer should cost as much as an entry level detector. Some would say it is worth the extra price to buy American. The only thing is, the components are made in China and Taiwan, assembled in Texas, by migrant workers from Mexico at the lowest wage. So that argument doesn't fly with me anymore.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread