LOFI Detecing

robinhoodsmate

Dec 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone

I would like advice from experienced users. As I am not.
I live in a forest in SW France beside my pond. The pond was created about 1000 years ago by monks and is almost 2 miles long. I have found a few flat areas on the top of mounds/small hills around it and these indicate the historic presence of inline rock/stone (houses, shelters, walls)?
My question is this: as a 'clean' site what detector should I use? Low tech or hi?

Thank you

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello robinhoodsmate,

I use the Garrett AT Pro and AT Gold for relic hunting in the woods. Both machines are mid-range detectors, around $ 500+ - $ 700 dollars (US) and are waterproof to 10 feet. In my opinion, they are fairly easy to learn and are very rugged for use in the woods.

Regards,

OP
OP
R

robinhoodsmate

Dec 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you very much for this info. I'll look at them both. In your opinion in what key areas do these differ?

Kamorle

Jun 26, 2013
I have the AT Gold and after using it for a few months can say that its OK.. only ok.. if you have the cash get something with more depth and better discrimination because once you start detecting you will want better than a Garrett. I'm wishing for a whites v3i. More frequencies and tones the better.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a beginner and for the needed use, I'd recommend the AT Pro.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd use a "high tech" detector.

What is a "low tech" detector? A shovel? A magnet? Divinng rods?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Low fidelity. Uncool. Low quality. Flawed. Distorted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread