What do you do with all of your silver coins ?

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been reading peoples posts on what they found in 2014 and started to wonder what people do with all of the silver coins they have found over the years. Do you just put them in a jar, in a book or something else? I don't have this problem yet but hope to have a couple here and there over the next year. On a second note what do you do with all the clad and other stuff you find? Thanks

Upvote 0

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I have only been finding silver coins for (10) months. I put them in a display case, they "seem" very valuable to me, because of all the hard work that I put into finding them. I put my relics in Riker boxes for display. I tumble the clad and dump it in a Coinstar machine. At year end, I got $152 from Coinstar, however two of the machines "jammed" after I dumped chewed up zinc cents into them.

About 20% of the clad would not go through the Coinstar at all because it was too chewed up. It was almost a quart of coins. I have been throwing them out by the hand full whenever I go to a school or park... sort of my way of giving back to the hobby!

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a pickle jar for the clad. When it gets full it goes to coin star. I dug $213 in clad last year. All the gold jewlery goes to the gold buyer. And all my silver coins go into the display cases for my daughters coin collection
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1421698038.341737.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1421698060.555782.jpg

I got the cases at a local antique mall for $8 each. I actually need a few more

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a pickle jar for the clad. When it gets full it goes to coin star. I dug $213 in clad last year. All the gold jewlery goes to the gold buyer. And all my silver coins go into the display cases for my daughters coin collection
View attachment 1107932
View attachment 1107933

I got the cases at a local antique mall for $8 each. I actually need a few more

Whoa now. Be careful now. The IRS will be cummin' after you for all that flash and stickin' one of them there credits on ya!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions