Metal detecting club/people in Oregon?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Anyone know of any groups or clubs around Medford, Oregon to check out for metal detecting?

As far as brick & mortor clubs go: The era of clubs has wained in recent decades. This is due to the fact that the internet has sort of taken over as the social outlet for people. In the old days, you had to go to a monthly meeting, to see who's-finding-what, show off your finds, view other's finds, know the recent technology gab, meet others in your area, etc.... But nowadays, you can do all that from the comfort of your living room. So it's turned us all into non-participating lazy b*tts. Only very big cities have clubs any more these days.

OP
OP
O

oregonmp03

Oct 13, 2014
Aberdeen, WA
Detector(s) used
Fishers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Damn internets.......wonder how many people under 21 know how to use a phone book. Either way just looking for some people to do some metal detecting with. Headed out this weekend for my first round by myself to some old mine sites. If I do any good I'll post something up.

McClod

Jun 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Pro Pointer and Whites TRX Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Im in the Clackamas area, but have a niece in the Medford area I want to go visit sometime and do some hunting in the Medford OR area. Would be fun to hunt some new places in Oregon that hopefully have some potential, I would think the Medford Oregon area would have good potential.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread