Question whites v3i

mudd punk

May 4, 2009
Sacramento ca.
Detector(s) used
CTX 30/30,Whites v3i, Garrett pinpointer, garrett pinpointer AT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I was out detecting at a new site tonight for about an hour (home built in the late 50's) with a buddy who just bought his first detector. This is the first time I have ever hunted with anybody else and it seemed like my detector was acting up ( louder than usual falsing a lot ). Is this normal? His would sound and mine would at the same time it seemed. I tried to move farther away and it seemed to help I was able to get a few coins ( only clad was hoping for a silver dime or nickel or maybe a wheat but no luck) is there something I could do to help make this less of an issue? Is this an issue or am I being to critical? Thanks for any help or thoughts.

Upvote 0

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Change frequencies.

Johnnoh

Aug 30, 2008
RI
Detector(s) used
CTX, EQ-600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Frequency offset, lower RxG - that should do it.

OP
OP
mudd punk

mudd punk

May 4, 2009
Sacramento ca.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will this effect locating of any targets? Silver coins, rings? Does this always happen when you detect with other people?

Johnnoh

Aug 30, 2008
RI
Detector(s) used
CTX, EQ-600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I detect alone. I use these tactics to deal with EMI - more or less the same as interference from another machine. It shouldn't have much effect on depth. You could alway try TX boost if you had to lower you RX gain significantly.

OP
OP
mudd punk

mudd punk

May 4, 2009
Sacramento ca.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not real comfortable messing with the settings. I have had the machine for a long time but never mess with it I just turn it on and go. I would like to learn how to tweek the machine to get more out of it is there a book I could read? I have heard of people messing with it and not being able to get it back and having to send it in for a master reset. I need to find a local person that is really familiar with it and have him take me out and show me the ins and outs of the machine. I really like it find lots of neat stuff but I would like to hunt with others. My kids call me a surface miner they crack me up. I am thinking of getting the CTX 3030 as well I like the easy of setting up the silver programs it looks awesome is it possible to do that with the v3i how do I find out how to do it is there a book on that? Thanks again for any help.

Johnnoh

Aug 30, 2008
RI
Detector(s) used
CTX, EQ-600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was also considering a CTX but it's a lot of $$$ and I'm getting pretty good with the V3i. I recommend you go the White's factory forum. The is a ton of information and many people willing to help. You can also find custom programs and an advanced user manual for the V3i.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread