Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Greetings all,
I see the thread I started on Diggers last year has 460 responses. Watched it again the other day and still hated it. I think it is not in our best interest to have the hobby demonstrated that way, even though I understand that it's television. I can't see myself detecting with any yahoos that act like they do on that show. For those that like it, more power to you, but count me out.
luvsdux

Upvote 0

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Count me out too. Makes us all look dumb. Of course I am, but even I don't watch that show. And I watched American Digger with Ric Savage. Think he's still out there?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I liked the past shows.
If the rumors of them bringing someone else in the show is True & not B.S.
I'll never respect or watch them again.

But we'll see

other rumors are it's canceled. no idea who to believe

OP
OP
L

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Has anyone else noticed that there are beep beeps in a steady pattern any where and everywhere as they swing and even though they are wearing headphones we hear it too?
Luvsdux

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's made for TV. If there were no beeping people would get bored of watching:laughing7:

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just what is " our best interest "? :icon_scratch:Sounds more like your best interest or entitled opinion maybe, definitely not mine nor some other's. If you hated it the first time that you watched it, what prompted you to watch it again? Must not have been that bad, huh?
If I had the opportunity to do what I love, get paid for it, hunt locations that nobody has hunted or may never hunt again, and be partners with National Geographic; I would act a little silly too. Keep drinking that Haterade folks. I can admit that I enjoy the show and that I am jealous as heck that I am not in their shoes hunting some really great locations. As far as Savage goes, him and his freakshow of a family should not be allowed within 100 miles of the Metal Detecting hobby.
I have talked to numerous people while out hunting and the topic of the diggers show gets brought up quite often. I haven't heard anything bad from those not in our hobby. In fact, most find it very interesting that MD'ING isn't just for finding buried treasure but also for recovering and preserving history. That doesn't sound like a "bad demonstration" of the hobby to me. Go have another glass of Haterade :laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, different opinions is one of the things that make the world go round. Watch it it YOU like it, makes no difference to me.
luvsdux

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I liked savage, go drink your hateraide :occasion14:

attachment.php

kajunoutlaw

Jun 3, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 350 / F75 LTD2/ AT MAX/ Multi Kruzer/ Nox 800

Have used many detectors.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think both shows have piqued the interest of many wannabe dectorist. Both shows have qualities that inform the general public that we aren't out to destroy property. Lovem or hatem there isn't one member of this blog that wouldn't love to get paid for what they do. The only negative is time constraints don't allow the viewers to see all of the pull tabs , hot wheels and bottle caps we dig.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bull@!#$ ! You couldn't pay me enough to act like that on television! If you think mr "boom baby" wasn't damaging to the hobby, you are either blind or never saw the show you talk about!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bull@!#$ ! You couldn't pay me enough to act like that on television! If you think mr "boom baby" wasn't damaging to the hobby, you are either blind or never saw the show you talk about!

a Little Strong to get a Like from Me :laughing7:

But I do agree with the part "boom baby" had to be damaging.
I'd be surprised if it wasn't.

I still think Diggers, in spite of there Antics were seen as interesting because of the History & archies involved

where "boom baby" Paid the landowners $300 bucks , Dug big Holes & Made noise
then turned around & Claimed $30,000.00 pay checks, with obvious rented Relics :(
If anyone made landowners weary it was them.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched 2 shows when first started and hated them so I will not watch again, had people ask me about them couple times and told them they were horrible. Just my opinion...

Last edited:

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I watched it for awhile then lost interest. Some of the finds and things they seek out make for a good story. But they need to replace those two with someone a little more intellectual and suave. Like Liam Neeson. :laughing9:

JimK

Aug 19, 2009
Central Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watch the show (Diggers). I like it though they do get annoying with the silliness. But in all fairness it is TV. I watched a You-tube video and they where on it. They acted normal and it was interesting and I even learned a few things on digging techniques for lawns. I give them a pass for the silliness. I got to do a bunch of crap my boss tells me to do that I consider silly. Why cast stones? Now the Savage guy......that is another story. Nothing good to say on that one.

JimK

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All reality shows are scripted. It just depends upon if we like the characters and their antics. If you go on Youtube that is where you see some good hunters not scripted. I just got N.Geo channel and so far its been all drugs and gangs. Nothing like the magazine I grew up with. :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread