Got a Eurotek on the way... excited !

SwtTea

Feb 3, 2015
Central AR
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Eurotek Pro, Garret Pro Pointer, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I placed an order for a eurotek pro today, along with an x-pointer. I already have a fisher f2, but I wanted my partner and I to each have one rather than sharing. Excited to learn a new toy though :laughing9:
I really hope it gets here by the weekend. It's going to be mid-upper 60s and sunny. After probably snowing tonight...

Upvote 0

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ETPro is a great little detector.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is probably the best value detector out there. I think because of its low cost it gets overlooked a lot. I had the 8" coil the first time and now picked up another with the 11" biaxial. It seems just as deep as the Omega and both are lightening fast.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SwtTea

SwtTea

Feb 3, 2015
Central AR
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got it today. Was not expecting it so soon. Ordered at 10 AM yesterday and arrived 10 AM today :laughing9:
I ordered from big boys hobbies :)
I said I wasn't going to go out... it's freezing and will warm up to 70 this weekend...but I think I'm going to go "test" it in the yard anyway. Pulling out the scarf and heavy jacket.
Just too excited not to.

rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, ACE250, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck SwtTea! I would have done the same thing but let me tell you about cold...lol. It's going to get to minus 20 degrees tonight and i'm very jealous of your near 70 this weekend. Let us know how you like it and welcome to Tnet.:occasion14:

Massieville Mike

Mar 7, 2014
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Garrett AT Gold, Teknetics ETP, Fisher CZ6a, Teknetics T2se
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are not going to want to share it! Yer partner is stuck with the f2! Just kidding, Lol! I'm not knocking the f2, I've never detected with one, I just really like my ETP, and I bet you're gonna like yours as well. Due to the weather, work, and never ending whatnots I've only been able to get out twice with mine since buying it. But that was plenty enough time to fall hard for it! I bought it to hunt some really trashy areas, and so far I'm impressed. It's very fast, and with the 5" DD coil, the target separation is truly outstanding. Oh, and being able to adjust the iron volume down while still hearing everything else at Max is way cool! Soooooooo looking ahead to warmer weather and unfrozen ground! Good luck and happy hunting!!!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which coil did you get. I tested the 11" DD Biaxial against the 8" concentric in my test bed. They both hit the 8-9" quarter, but 11" better. The 6" nickel with iron around it was only detected with the DD. The concentric could not seam to hit on it from any direction on height very well. Either way it's a great machine!

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enjoy the ETP, its fast, light and deep !

OP
OP
SwtTea

SwtTea

Feb 3, 2015
Central AR
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck SwtTea! I would have done the same thing but let me tell you about cold...lol. It's going to get to minus 20 degrees tonight and i'm very jealous of your near 70 this weekend. Let us know how you like it and welcome to Tnet.:occasion14:
Thank you! Um... at some point I think it just become "cold" and the numbers don't even matter anymore :P I can't recall numbers that low here though. Ouch!

You are not going to want to share it! Yer partner is stuck with the f2! Just kidding, Lol! I'm not knocking the f2, I've never detected with one, I just really like my ETP, and I bet you're gonna like yours as well. Due to the weather, work, and never ending whatnots I've only been able to get out twice with mine since buying it. But that was plenty enough time to fall hard for it! I bought it to hunt some really trashy areas, and so far I'm impressed. It's very fast, and with the 5" DD coil, the target separation is truly outstanding. Oh, and being able to adjust the iron volume down while still hearing everything else at Max is way cool! Soooooooo looking ahead to warmer weather and unfrozen ground! Good luck and happy hunting!!!

Yes I am pretty sure he's going to be "stuck" with the F2... :P I am looking forward to getting more coils for both in the future.

Which coil did you get. I tested the 11" DD Biaxial against the 8" concentric in my test bed. They both hit the 8-9" quarter, but 11" better. The 6" nickel with iron around it was only detected with the DD. The concentric could not seam to hit on it from any direction on height very well. Either way it's a great machine!
I just got the 8" concentric for now. I want to get a DD as well, but I opted to get my own pin pointer as well so that we each have one and it wasn't in the funds to get the DD coil yet. :( Soon, hopefully!

Enjoy the ETP, its fast, light and deep !
It's definitely lighter than the F2. Good for me :)

I went outside just for about 30 minutes. Started in my backyard which is iron infested. Just found some foil. Oh.. and my waterline, I think, oops.

Next I wanted to see how it did with coins and my old neighbors moved out a long time ago, and their yard appears to be infested in modern coins. I found 3 modern coins (pennies, maybe a dime, I haven't checked it's so muddy) and 2 poptops. It was definately easier to see targets near iron. Fiance found one modern coin and a few poptops. We went over the same target a few times and the numbers were pretty similar.

I have to say, the volume on this thing seems really loud but I'm probably doing something wrong. Even on 1, it's loud. And the volume on the pinpoint function is deafening! It also seems to make really... grundgy/zipper type noises until I am right over a target then they become clear beeps, but it's not exactly a pleasent sound until then. Is this normal or does it mean there is iron nearby even when it's not blinking Iron in the top?

Overall impressed so far, though. Definately need to learn the sounds! But my holes were mostly accurate and I found everything I dug for. :) Can't wait til I have some more time.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually use headphones, but sometimes not when just coin shooting in fairly modern spots. I put tape over the speaker to muffle the loud pinpoint sound and run volume on 4-6. When using headphones I run it up to 13-14 and turn volume down on headphones. Enjoy the ETP.

OP
OP
SwtTea

SwtTea

Feb 3, 2015
Central AR
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out again today. Nice and warm out :) Didn't find much, but definitely liking the detector as I get used to its noises. It also seems a tad deeper than the F2. Found a really deep signal and had my fiance go over it with the f2 as well, and he could only register it if he really pressed the coil to the ground. The Euro was reading it at the normal level I hold it. Nice.

Found several old headstamps again, though. From research some are from the late 1800s to early 1930s. And them some from the 1950s. Found a federal one with the "duck" symbol which I thought was really cool, it also still has the paper/plastic or whatever? Also a rem-umc no 16 shurshot, which seems to be a bit rarer than the others (according to the rating system).
Found another bullet lodged in a tree. some very rusty tools. And then I found some suspicious scrapmetal - it's small but super heavy.

Unfortunately, I think the x-pointer I bought is defective, though. ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread