Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes your right, I could take my cat, me and polunu.jpg but it would take more than 4 months to do the trip.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are plenty of books available on Amazon.

OP
OP
clv

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes there is, but some are better than others. I was hoping for recommendation for other THN's based on personal experience.

Sluice Willis

Feb 6, 2015
In my house
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am heading out the end of February.:hello: Is there a "guide type book" that anyone could recommend for detecting :metaldetector: the Florida beaches?
As I don't know anything about the state other than it's east of California.:icon_scratch:
I expect to spend 4 months on this trip so I should have plenty of time to bum around.
thanks 8-)

There are lots of shipwrecks off the east coast of Florida, the Spanish Empire stole tons of gold and silver from the indigenous people of South America, the trail they used still exists in Peru. The ships followed the coastlines back then and there were many treasure ships lost. The eastern coast of Florida is nicknamed the Treasure Coast. There are areas that are leased out to treasure hunters, you can detect the beaches between the sand dunes and the mean low tide mark. There are a few state parks along the beaches too so make sure you check the regulations beforehand.

Here is a very comprehensive "guide book" to productive sites http://www.mdhtalk.org/articles/beaches/1715-fleet/1715-article.pdf More information can be found right here on Treasurenet Shipwrecks Good luck!

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
What part of Florida will you be in?

OP
OP
clv

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking the south east, ya know treasure ships and all. But I am open to all areas, as for me coming from southern California this may be one of those once in a lifetime trips.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Makes a difference. East coast (deep water) you have problematic areas due to treasure leases in the water.

West coast, no problem. Shallow waters.

Panhandle, go for it.

Key's, not much beach detecting available.

In any event, you can always hunt between the toe of the dunes (bad mojo to dig in the dunes where the grasses are) and the water.

So, makes a bit of a difference.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are buried in fresh sand now in Central Florida and north and no storms have helped. I suggest you start or include beaches in South Florida, Miami area then work North. Waters are warmer in south Florida so people are in the water later and earlier in the year, more fresh drops.

I just posted the 2015 Spring Break schedule.

You will also be here during our annual treasure Hunters Picnic near Sebastian Inlet so I suggest you plan on attending it to....

Last edited:

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hopefully this weekend will bring some really good cuts!! Keep your fingers crossed.

OP
OP
clv

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well this weather is really crappie:weather_rain::weather_lightning::censored:, so I have decided to postpone my trip to Florida. I am going to wait for better weather later in the year. 8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions