Should I sale it? My first dug Confederate shell!

Ihatepoisonivy

Feb 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guys I don't want to give up this shell, it's my first and I was so pumped about it...I was offered $650 for this shell. I really have a hard time giving this up for some reason, I could use the money but don't really need it. What would you guys do? ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1423880152.087225.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1423880185.104800.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1423880213.954326.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1423880238.395965.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1423880344.630592.jpg

Upvote 0

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I for one would definetly keep any such historical relic, I damn sure don't detect for profit. You can make more money picking up aluminium cans on the side of the road.
well some can and… some can make more detecting than they can working …

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the fantastic find,

You found a beautiful piece of history. Perhaps you should keep the relic for the time being; in the future you can change your mind if circumstances dictate.

Regards,

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keppy, would you mind showing some pics?, to make more money detecting than you can working, you must have found some really rare things. I make way more at work than I could detecting, I have never heard of anyone, besides the people who sell them, that could make a living metal detecting.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to make a living metal detecting, course a living means different things to people. :laughing7: Things were different way back when I was the only guy detecting. You wouldn't believe the finds we made, but gold sold for far less than today too. But it was everywhere it seemed. Many of us don't post pics of our finds and "back in the day", we only had film.

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to make a living metal detecting, course a living means different things to people. :laughing7: Things were different way back when I was the only guy detecting. You wouldn't believe the finds we made, but gold sold for far less than today too. But it was everywhere it seemed. Many of us don't post pics of our finds and "back in the day", we only had film.

Ahhh Sand those were the good old days. I am glad this hobby has taken off and a lot more hunters have joined our ranks, but dang to go back to the days of having a beach all to yourself, the finds were exquisite.:thumbsup:

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would keep it myself,sold shells in the past and still regret it today.If I where you I would get it defused and display it

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Keppy, would you mind showing some pics?, to make more money detecting than you can working, you must have found some really rare things. I make way more at work than I could detecting, I have never heard of anyone, besides the people who sell them, that could make a living metal detecting.
If you know any thing about me you know i never post about my finds there are a lot on here that do not want ones to know what they have found..

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Sandman … Yes the younger one's on here do not know what it feels like to make some great finds .. But then they started way to late .. Yes the gold and silver and Jewelry was plenty back then ….

Last edited:

kyrock

Jun 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just like my wife would say when watching Antique Roadshow, Sell it!

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sell, Sell, Sell, Sell, Sell I love the civil war stuff but I would rather have a US belt plate buttons and bullets.

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you know any thing about me you know i never post about my finds there are a lot on here that do not want ones to know what they have found..
Anybody can say this or that, if you sell it who cares who sees it? If you got time lets see the king tut cache you found. No pics = never happened. Got any receipts or proof, I am not talking about 3k a year buddy, I make about 25 times that.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Ihatepoisonivy… Sorry about how your thread went so i will bring it back …. My thoughts is sell it ..

Last edited:

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No pics it never happened ?????? Man grow up . That is the reason most do not show they are to smart we do not want proof of finds around . Do you think we are fools .. And no one cares what you make why tell us are you bragging .. Most of us could care less what others make … If you want to think that if the ones do not post there finds … Do not have any then please think that so MR . 25 x 3k a year i don't care what you think or what you make … And that is still not a lot you make it's a living but that's all..

Hey buddy you are the one bragging about finding a kings ransom every year, you are all talk. I dgas what you say you found, You and no one else on this planet finds 75k a year, every year. Bring out the pics hot shot

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You think big brother is watching and wants his share keppy, fear mongering, lol you need to grow up. I bet you got a hole in the backyard with some canned goods in it, oh yeah and TREASURE!!!!!!!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is a pic. .. th.jpeg I did not find him sorry ..wrong pic

Last edited:

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wal-Mart is hiring door greeters :hello:

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scotty544, I think this personal attack you are staging against Keppy, needs to chill alittle.

There are a lot of people who do not show, me among them.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
TheSleeper .. i am not going to answer his post from now on .. Or i will have …TH..&.Jeff .. upset.. it is getting out of hand..

JBnNC

May 25, 2013
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
What a great find, awesome history in that shell. I'm so glad that you are going to keep it, I could tell by your original post that you would.
If someone sells everything that they ever find, that's OK.....me personally, I love the history and don't plan on ever selling the CW stuff. You'll have to decide for yourself.
I would however, find a prof. to drill and restore the shell asap...will look like a museum piece. Again congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread