13" Ultimate DD Search Coil (Garrett Ace Series)

Trapper Randy

Feb 24, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,
I have a Garrett ace 350 with the 8 1/2" DD coil. I have been reading about the new 13" coil and was wondering if anyone has any experience with it? Is it worth the cost? I have attached it's description if you are not familiar with this product. Any info is appreciated.
Thank You, Randy

13" Ultimate DD Search Coil (Garrett Ace Series)

Product Description

The ULTIMATE coil is a new generation DD coil. This coil works with the Garrett Ace 150, 250, and 350 metal detectors, and **a coil cover is included with this search coil. Compared with the classic DD coils the Ultimate DD Coil has ribbed housing, specially designed for absorbing the mechanical shocks and vibrations. It’s made of special polymer, strengthened with glass fibers and has maximum UV protection. This DD coil has more stable operation, better sensitivity, pinpointing and more accurate target identification. In the field it has more stable ground and better overall field performance. The coil keeps its perfect inductive balance in a very wide temperature range. This coil is light for it’s size. It weighs approximately 480g.

Upvote 0

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nope, but it sure does sound like it'll cut about 20% of the sweeps out of my searching of a given area! Love the size!

Flapjack23

Greenie
Jan 22, 2015
Saline MI
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250 and garret pinpointer (original)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would also be interested to hear if anyone has used one and their opinion.

A chance not taken is a wasted opportunity

yodi

Mar 24, 2015
NE Washington
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master / Garret Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
wow i need to check into that i have a little coil on my 250

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread