Newbie question on detectors

G-bone

Dec 9, 2014
Ventura Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro w/ NEL coil.
Minelab Xterra 705,
Bazooka Snipers (24" and 30").
Royal Folding Sluice with Gold hog mats.
Thompson 12V Puffer Drywasher.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all.

I have been contemplating a Metal Detector to ad to my arsenal of Au hunting tools.
Looking at models in the $600 to $700 range, more specifically for gold, but also for caches and treasure hunting.

After looking at a few, I had a question on a feature that did not seem to be available.

All Metal detectors come with headphones, right?
These are great cause you can hear smaller sounds and also save on battery power etc.
But when you have those earphones on - you cannot hear the your surroundings.

So my question is....
Do any detectors have external microphones on the units that you can toggle too in order to hear outside noises without having to take off your head phones?
You could switch to outside mic and hear all goings on around you, or if people or critters are sneaking up on you too.

Plus you could amplify the signal to hear what further away.

I apologize up front for not spending hours and hours researching all he different models up front, before posting this question. Time is not on my side..

Thank you to all

G

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G-bone

G-bone

Dec 9, 2014
Ventura Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro w/ NEL coil.
Minelab Xterra 705,
Bazooka Snipers (24" and 30").
Royal Folding Sluice with Gold hog mats.
Thompson 12V Puffer Drywasher.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
You can simply use a single earphone like i do underwater. It works great and there is no need to have sound on both ears.

i can recommand Fischer F4 to start with. Simple, not too expensive and you will have 90% of the power of most high ends detectors.

Happy hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread