JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know, I know, there is not one. But I have been thinking, I own a ctx 3030 and absolutely love the machine except when in extreme cases of trash. The target ID ability is fantastic, Depth is Awesome, and is great in salt water compared to other machines IMO. But then there is the Deus. Exceptional separation, good on tiny gold and very light. the wireless thing doesn't do much for me really.

So How much would you Pay for a Machine that had the Depth, Target ID and salt ability like the CTX3030 with the weight and Separation ability of the Deus? Then to top it off Make it REALLY waterproof to a decent depth.

I personally Hope the Manufactures read this POST..lol:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As far under $2499.00 anyway, lol.

OP
OP
JackalopeZL1

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it could do all of that above I might pay that. I didn't pay that for my new CTX though. Hopefully folks shop :)

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
I know, I know, there is not one. But I have been thinking, I own a ctx 3030 and absolutely love the machine except when in extreme cases of trash. The target ID ability is fantastic, Depth is Awesome, and is great in salt water compared to other machines IMO. But then there is the Deus. Exceptional separation, good on tiny gold and very light. the wireless thing doesn't do much for me really.

So How much would you Pay for a Machine that had the Depth, Target ID and salt ability like the CTX3030 with the weight and Separation ability of the Deus? Then to top it off Make it REALLY waterproof to a decent depth.

I personally Hope the Manufactures read this POST..lol:thumbsup:

I love my CTX either but only for salty conditions like those ones:

Ctx3030 underwater-program.JPG

It is powerfull yes but very slow compared to the Deus. I cover nearly 4 times less surface then I would do with the Deus :-(

So for me the perfect detector should be FAST as well..... maybe a Deus waterproof design?

Last edited:

slink

Dec 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The good news is that I'm designing the perfect detector. The bad news is that almost nobody will like it.

Sad as it is thats a true statement. If it cost too much....If it doesnt cost enough...If its too light its cheap and poorly made,if its too heavy its just too heavy.

If someone made a detector that msrp was 1000 and it could detect a dime at 16 in tell the date of the coin and then with the push of a button suck the coin out of the ground people would complain that the date was off by 2 yrs.

We are lucky in my opinion a lot of very good machines out there at very fair prices.

Peachy

Feb 16, 2015
High Lonesome
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Slink, I know people like that! Give them a blank check and they complain that it was folded.

slink

Dec 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am at a loss as to why mders think the way they do sometimes.I seen a guy complain a new up coming detector didnt cost enough to be worthy of his time.I pondered for sometime before I made sense of it.It wasnt about a machine or features or even enjoying a hobby.It was about aquiring a status symbol,it made me sad because this guy will always be chasing shadows and never get the true joy of the hobby.

OP
OP
JackalopeZL1

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cost aside though.. what would you guys like to see in a detector? Mine would be the deus 3030....lol:D

OP
OP
JackalopeZL1

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my CTX either but only for salty conditions. It is powerfull yes but very slow compared to the Deus. I cover nearly 4 times less surface then I would do with the Deus :-(

So for me the perfect detector should be FAST as well..... maybe a Deus waterproof design?

pretty sure you sure you want close to what I want.. but I want the ID ability and depth of the ctx built into the deus.

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
An F5 with DST.

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
pretty sure you sure you want close to what I want.. but I want the ID ability and depth of the ctx built into the deus.

Deus target Id is ok.... Minelab one may appears to be a gameboy for real relic hunting, especially on almost out of reach targets.I think DEUS is a much more customizable detector then the CTX 3030, let's try to keep it has light as it is ;-)

OP
OP
JackalopeZL1

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I don't think it is anywhere near the 3030 in that department. One thing minelab got right.

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Personally I don't think it is anywhere near the 3030 in that department. One thing minelab got right.

Yep... but will you trust in target ID or give a digg to be sure??

OP
OP
JackalopeZL1

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Park hunting, definitely pass on stuff..I can tell you 99 times out 100 it is a zinc penny :)

Coinhawk

Feb 11, 2015
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The best detector is the space between our ears. I've watched videos where once people are experienced, it doesn't matter what they swing.

I'm liking my 350, and will probably eventually upgrade to the AT Pro. The Deus is the one that impresses me the most based on what I've seen, though some of the videos report having recharging issues.

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Park hunting, definitely pass on stuff..I can tell you 99 times out 100 it is a zinc penny :)

I never had the opportunity to try the Famous US "Park Hunting"...but to what I've seen on Youtube, I definitly agree with you Jack.

OP
OP
JackalopeZL1

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best detector is the space between our ears. I've watched videos where once people are experienced, it doesn't matter what they swing.

I'm liking my 350, and will probably eventually upgrade to the AT Pro. The Deus is the one that impresses me the most based on what I've seen, though some of the videos report having recharging issues.

Yes indeed the one between your ears is the best. But, The readings you get with some of these newer detectors and the digital signals the target id is fantastic, Huge help to your detector between your ears..:thumbsup:

OP
OP
JackalopeZL1

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never had the opportunity to try the Famous US "Park Hunting"...but to what I've seen on Youtube, I definitly agree with you Jack.

And those famous Corona Bottle Tops.. Clean signal but you can only dig so many before you want to kill people for throwing their garbage on the ground..lol

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Excellent jack :thumbsup:

Here is my perfect detector:

A waterproof DEUS >70m depth, with an OLED HUD (headup display) like the one of my diving rebreather with the CTX 3030 screen ID...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread