dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a 1887 seated dime and folded it in a piece of paper. Left in ashtray and my son decided to clean truck for me which has never happened before. Long story short their is a nice dime in the landfill.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lost a ring, twice. Picked it up in a parking lot, it looked to be a thin gold band with the top broke off. I was disappointed when I couldn't find marks as I sat in my car looking at it and thought it was junk so I didn't look too hard after it popped off my finger and landed somewhere under the seat.

A few months later while cleaning the car I found it stuck deep into the floor mat, looked at it again and still couldn't see marks but stuck it on my finger so that I could get it home to look at it closer. Got home, and the the ring was no longer on my hand.

Another few months later I was changing purses, and there on the bottom was the band. This time it actually made it to the magnifying glass where I could see the 10k mark.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a good hit (I think) on my machine a couple of weeks ago in the woods. The number was in the 70's and it said 9.5"-10" down. I didn't feel like digging that deep so I just marked the spot. Came back in a few days and ran machine over same spot. And... I got the same reading. I re-marked it again. Went back next day and said I'm digging it up. I couldn't even get a hit this time. Don't know what happened...?????

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found a really sweet looking civil war button, identified by a local expert, left it on my dresser in a tray and it mysteriously grew legs..... same thing with a gold chain and a class ring......I didn't actually lose them, but someone "lost" them for me :censored:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dug a quarter and a little kid that had been watching grabbed it and ran off. Durned grumbie.

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dug a 17 Buff, oxidized coal black, full horn, an absolutely gorgeous dug nickel. Put it in my cloth carpenters nail apron I was using to separate my goodies from my trash. Finally after a few hours of coin shooting I got back to the truck with my digging buddy, we both have to go to work, and went to show him the Buff and it wasn't in my pouch. Went back to the same place 2 more times and re-hunted after myself, but never found it again. Sigh! That was the buffalo that got away, but I think it was helped by a very wily Indian. Cheers!!

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
took a huntin buddy with me on a lost ring call.when we arrived found out hubby threw his ring during an arguement with wifey.I had him throw a sample ring with red ribbon attached to roughly figure trajectory into tall thick grass.ribbon flew off and we never found sample ring(tungsten)found wedding band in knee high grass after over an hour in the summer heat.

After returning it to happy hubby,accepting a meager reward offered,he actually lost it again high fiving his neighbor...back in knee high grass.my buddy found it in bout a minute and we split quick..lol

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep. Never said a peep. Was just this little Pre-K fellow squatting beside the hole as I explained the process. I was so stunned I didn't even yell after him.

Must have some seagull blood in him. Natural born Washington politician if ever there was one.

TroutBumDave

Jan 8, 2015
Northern Utah
Detector(s) used
White's Coin Master 6000/D -- Garrett GTI 2500 -- Etrac
Primary Interest:
Other
My first (and only, to date) silver coin was a Roosevelt dime, early 60's. I was stoked! I put it in my left pocket, which is reserved for pop tabs and coins, but when I got back to the car a few hours later, it was nowhere to be found. All of my other finds were in my pockets, but not the dime. No clue what happened.

JimK

Aug 19, 2009
Central Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I recently started relic hunting and where on a Union CW camp site. We had found a couple of pistol bullets and a nice dropped three ringer. Being new, these finds are very exciting to us as we had only found a few relics at that point. Anyway I put all of the finds in my plastic "good finds" box. When we got home and started cleaning I discovered my three ringer was missing. :dontknow: I have no idea what happened to it. Most likely dropped out when I was putting something else in. It still stings a bit to think that I loast such a cool relic. :BangHead:
JimK

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had a little tike (maybe a future politician) follow me around the tot lot and grab everything I dug, his mother had to come and save me! Lol!

WildWildBill

Banned
Jan 1, 2015
Orange Park, Fl
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 950/White's Bullseye pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted about an 1805 5 berries draped bust dime I found and when I got home it wasn't where I placed it. At the time I thought it was a Spanish 1 reale because it was very dirty and unrecognizable. For a few weeks I pondered where it went to. I went back to the site where I found it, but nothing. Then, I was cleaning out my truck and there it was under the floor mat about ready to fall out a hole in the floor board. What luck!

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I take a little caribiner hooked on my I detect at the beach. I put any rings I find on that so they don't get lost

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last fall, I found my one and only SLQ. It was the very first target at a permission I got in a town about an hour and a half away from me. When I got home, I found it and the little keeper I had put it in were missing from my pouch. If I remember correctly, it was a 1918 and had pretty good detail for a coin that usually has the date worn away.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread