AUSSIE FORUM, NOBODY HOME

Mike70

Jan 23, 2015
Gold Coast, Queensland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortez, Tesoro Stingray, C&G Wildcat, Pistol Probe Pro. Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Upvote 0

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's only a few Aussies that frequent here Mike. I attribute this to the fact that mostly American stuff is discussed here and the aussie forums are more favored for meet and greets as your likely to run into local's to have a yarn with. For whatever reason there has been a big die off of Aussies in most of the American forums.
Glad to have ya here :) The beaches down there, as well as the parks, have a few people on them but by and large its not a well saturated country for detecting as is here in the states. More talk there is about prospecting than urban and beach detecting. So you may very well have the beach to yourself. I know I've had quite a few parks there all to myself if I base it on my finds and the general curiosity that many have when they have approached me down under.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mike70

Jan 23, 2015
Gold Coast, Queensland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortez, Tesoro Stingray, C&G Wildcat, Pistol Probe Pro. Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks for the replies guys, I hope to get my new Sand Shark in a couple of days, and cant wait to try it on the beaches here. Sure glad we got Treasure net, would be lost without it.

Detector Wars

Nov 26, 2008
Too many sub-forums here, that's the problem. There's a few aussie forums around the net, I like this one just as much.

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Probably doesn't help that when an Aussie posts, the time difference makes it unlikely that someone will respond quickly. That'd be kind of boring. :)

But here's to you having the beaches to yourself!

:headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread