The future of metal detecting.

Mar 29, 2015
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand shark,Detector Pro, Bounty hunter, vib 730
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
10384593_768087146559932_2521936824460767537_n.jpg

So I took my 1 year old to the beach a few weeks back, and as I put down my equipment to rest he picks up my detector and starts combing the beach.

I must say it was funny to watch him be like his daddy. He went back and forth evenly and made the beep beep beep noise the whole time.

I'm sure being 1 he doesn't fully understand the mechanics of it all yet. But hey he did way better then I on my first try. My first time detecting I had combed half a beach before realizing the machine was not turned on haha, but things happen.

All and all it makes me proud to see he has the potential to carry on doing something I have such a passion for.

Upvote 0

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's awesome. My youngest is now 12, and when I got my detector in January, he followed me around like a lost puppy. I was so thrilled to find enough to buy him his own detector (Ace 250). you will LOVE having a buddy that actually can make finds, someday. :)

We've all been there with the detector, though for me, it usually gets manifest when I bump the volume slider on my headphones and turn the sound off. I'll swing way for a good 3-5 minutes before my spidey-senses start tingling.

:)

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And GREAT photo, too. You'll look back on that fondly, for years to come.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread