Military button and unidentified pin

kenstein

Sep 28, 2012
N.E. Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 , Pro pointer, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
A couple of keepers from recent outings. The button I found in my front yard beside where concrete steps once went up to the porch. The pin I found in a cow pasture near where a farmhouse once stood. The button says---D EVANS & CO. NO. ATTLEBORO MASS.---. The wire loop was attached when found, and doesn't stick to a magnet, which explains why it hasn't corroded. The pin I haven't found any info on. Any ideas about the symbols on the pin, or the age of either will be gratefully welcome. Thanks for lookin'. IMGP4573.JPG IMGP4572.JPG IMGP4564.JPG IMGP4566.JPG

Upvote 0

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
kenstein

kenstein

Sep 28, 2012
N.E. Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Huntergt. That button did clean up nice. I looked through the buttons on the first link, they must be older that this one. I'm about to dive into that TreasureNet thread. Thanks for the links.

OP
OP
kenstein

kenstein

Sep 28, 2012
N.E. Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
UPDATE. I reposted this pin in WHAT IS IT, and it has been identified as a Distinctive Unit Insignia for 23rd Infantry, just don't know yet from what era.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. Keep us posted man. I def would love to know what era it is. The more history about it you can get...I am all ears. :thumbsup:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Love those finds that keep niggling the back of your brain,can't wait until you positively ID the pin.

OP
OP
kenstein

kenstein

Sep 28, 2012
N.E. Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Love those finds that keep niggling the back of your brain,can't wait until you positively ID the pin.

YES, and when there is a remote chance to determine the person who owned this, it feels like an obligation. LOVE this hobby; we never know what's next.

JoeB_OH

Dec 19, 2012
Cleveland , Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher F44, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Bounty Hunter Tracker 4.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The pin is also known as An "Unit Crest". They would be worn on both sides of top of the shoulder on an Army dress uniform. Nice finds!

OP
OP
kenstein

kenstein

Sep 28, 2012
N.E. Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The pin is also known as An "Unit Crest". They would be worn on both sides of top of the shoulder on an Army dress uniform. Nice finds!
Thank you JoeB.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread