New Fisher cz21

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Well it's new for me. Just bought a 4 month old cz21 on eBay. Pretty excited! I definitely didn't want a pulse machine because of the trash. Considered the Whites Beach Hunter but that's basically the same as my DFX with out the adjustments, but water proof. Minelab Excalibur II, great machine from all that I've read. Some of the things that moved me away from it were, they cost more used then the cz21, people are always modifying them, I prefer the sounds the cz21 makes after hearing them both. Also they seem basically close in their ability as far as I have read.
I like that the Cz21 its built like a tank. It came with the 10" coil. I would have preferred the 8 " coil, but that wasn't an option. Have a sand scoop. Now on the lookout for a good water scoop. Adding this detector to the Whites dfx and the Tesoro golden umax I currently own, I feel as if I have rounded out the stable and I should be good for a long time to come. Wish me luck!

Upvote 0

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best of luck to you! I started with the CZ21 and ended up with the Excalibur. Everyone has different experiences and I can't cut down the CZ too badly as Casper is a Wiz with it!!!

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunt in Autotune, 9 sensitivity, audio boost 9, and properly ground balanced. Switch to disc 0 to identify when threshold breaks, this is the deepest and best method to fully take advantage of the CZ-21. And yes you have a great set of detectors, have the same setup except the golden and a few more toys lol.

OP
OP
Escape

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Ring finder, thank you for your good wishes. S. FL. Digger thank you for your recommendations. Will keep you posted.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you're still going to dig a lot of trash with the CZ.....at least until you get a couple hundred hours on it for the subtle nuances in sounds.

Landlord Jim

Jul 20, 2012
Oakland County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i,Vx3,DFX,MXT Pro,Prizm 5G, CM Pro,Beach Hunter 300 and Bounty Hunter 202.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If looking for a good water scoop take a good look at the Sunspot Stealth scoop lineup. Heavy duty and built to last!

OP
OP
Escape

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Land Lord Jim... Took a look. To expensive for me. Can't justify the cost. Went and ordered a knock off of the same for half price. Im getting ready. Found my wetsuit yesterday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions