BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE Limited Edition
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an Infinium which is incredible in the wet sand and water and an Ace 350 that is good for a beginner and actually pinpoints well but just doesn't give me the kind of accurate descrimination I'd like. I'm partial to spending my money on USA Made or at least USA Designed and Assembled products.

I'd appreciate suggestions in the 600 to 1200 range for an Ace 350 upgrade.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For new machines made in USA and better than an Ace 350 and between $600 and $1200........Garrett AT Pro, White's MXT Pro or VX3, or Fisher F75. Of those choices, personally, I'd pick either the MXT Pro or the F75 LTD depending on the coin/relic ratio. More coin hunting....MXT Pro, more relic......F75.

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
USA... T2SE , MXT All Pro, F75 LTD DST, AT Gold like it better, Fisher F19, Omega or Gamma with 11" DD coil. All good machines !

OP
OP
BadM0nkey

BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been looking at the MXT All Pro and the Garrett AT Pro. I have liked my current Garrett machines, but a lot of people seem to think they stink for some reason. I didn't know that the F75 was made in the USA. Fisher does not advertise that like White's and Garrett.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am mainly a Fisher guy. With your budget you can get an advanced detector from any of the USA companies and be very successful. I have a whites, that requires the use of the arm strap due to the way it balances on my arm. The Fisher's I have used are all well balanced. I'd also make myself aware of the weight of the detector if you want to hunt for long periods of time. I can swing a 2.9 lb detector all day, I am still getting used to the F75 LTD SE and it only weighs 3.5 lbs.
Also look at the selection of coils available for the models, both the manufacturers and aftermarket coils.

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been looking at the MXT All Pro and the Garrett AT Pro. I have liked my current Garrett machines, but a lot of people seem to think they stink for some reason. I didn't know that the F75 was made in the USA. Fisher does not advertise that like White's and Garrett.

All Fishers are made in El Paso, Texas. Says made in USA on the boxes in the store, but I just checked our website, and shame on us! you're right! How'd we miss a thing like that? A link to this thread will be in our marketing dept.'s inbox in about 60 seconds.

--Dave J.

OP
OP
BadM0nkey

BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. Huge oversight these days. It really makes a difference to a lot of folks.

I know Texas has wanted to be its own country and all but it should at least say Made In Texas.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread