HEY BRIAN"Upstate" from Rich "upstae"...

R

Rich

hey brian,i got to do alot of huntin with my new unit,its to bad we havent been able to hook up to hunt due to different time schudels....
but i wanna share with ya and the others here what ive found in the past 2 weeks........
the pics are not the best but ill describe them the to the best of my ability!!!!!!
The first pic here is the junk pile from old maids,which includes 30 some odd shotty shells old nails and misc crap,,,but its still fun to dig um up!
The Second pic is my best finds from the old maids.That pic has one of my favorite finds which is a muskeet ball and a very old childs gold ring bolth of which were dug in the same area,the ball was around 7inches down and the ring even farther and the ring took me about 1 hour to locate it due to the dirt color,also theres a womens hair clasp thing which is silver and a unknown thing which i belive is a belt/strap adjuster...no coins from up there though yet!////man i need a pinpointer probe....lol

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

Rich

well the photos were switched....i screwd up...lol

OP
OP
R

Rich

now heres what i found on the 15th hunting around the Bradt Barn near the kawanis club,which i got full permission to hunt there.,....
but not only did i dig up a very large ornate gold neklace "which a tree started growing in the gold hoops of the chain" i also found some bottles one being a Malted Milk bottle aswell and a 44 nick,all within a hour......also i dug up a .38 or .45 "M" shell which ill post a pic aswell...

OP
OP
R

Rich

heres a few more finds from the woods and the bradt site....
the childs ring was dug up as you walk into the old maids near that old apple tree that would be on your left "you know what im talkin about"i also missed a few targets there you might want to check......the muskeet ball was dug up next to a tree going up hill on the trail...

OP
OP
R

Rich

hers the bullet cartrage aswell as some other stuff//////
Brian get back to me,since its cold out now and the bugs are gone we might beable to hook up,i might even beable to bring ya to the bradt barn,but we'd have to go in my truck so john knows that its me there

OP
OP
R

Rich

well the pics arnt that good but,everyone enjoy the pics if you can make them out.....lol.....,and brian"upstate",email me and well try to work on a good time to hunt for the bolth of us.....,hey still got a pinpointer your not usin or a used smaller minlab coil than the regular stock one on the unit i have?
later everyone

OP
OP
R

Rich

heres 3 more pics.......one being for all the people out west,its of lock 9 of the Mohawk River/Eerie Canal nearing Schenectady NY........
the old maids object came up as iron and from the looks of it,it looks like a hammer/pick which is pretty crudly made,and then theres the jug of junk.........
But overall i have to say my minelab hit stuff that my BH202 couldnt even with Disc turned to Zero! and im very happy with the unit,it gets alittle heavy after awhile but its damn well worth the exersise........

chaos11624

Sep 16, 2003

how deep was that bridge you found, and what kind of tool did you use to dig it up , just joking nice finds

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds, but you need a camera that can focus. What kind of coin was that 3rd pic and was the chain gold or brass. Looks like brass in the pic, but I know how hard it can be to get gold to look like gold with a DIGITAL CAMERA!

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi Rich,
Check out the guy on here who went th'ing with a magnet, this might just work for you in this situation too!

OP
OP
R

Rich

chaos11624 said:
how deep was that bridge you found, and what kind of tool did you use to dig it up , just joking nice finds

that was pretty hard to dig up.....lol........

OP
OP
R

Rich

coinshooter said:
Nice finds, but you need a camera that can focus. What kind of coin was that 3rd pic and was the chain gold or brass. Looks like brass in the pic, but I know how hard it can be to get gold to look like gold with a DIGITAL CAMERA!

the necklace is gold!and VERY heavy also there was a tree somwhat growing through the loops of the necklace and i had a hard time removing it from the tree,ya i gotta get a new camera with zoom.......the coin was found in the first 5 mins of my hunt,its a 1944 nick really not worth nothn but a good find though,plus the bottles were a good find especially the malted milk bottle...,now i gotta go back and dig up all the deep targets i didnt get a chance to grab....i kinda wanted to try to remove all the top garbage crap before i go for the deep stuff......so when i go there next the minelab is gonna be runnin full throddal for depth....... lol...
H H everyone...

Attachments

• IMG_0369.jpg
    IMG_0369.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 37

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cool on the necklace, see if you can post a better pick. I'd really like to see a better pick of this. Maybe if you were to put it on the ground and take a picture while standing up there would be enough focal distance.
Thanks for the reply! CS wink

Attachments

• 2012-08-13 13.01.08.jpg
    2012-08-13 13.01.08.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 2012-08-13 10.30.11.jpg
    2012-08-13 10.30.11.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 2012-08-13 09.27.07.jpg
    2012-08-13 09.27.07.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 2012-08-13 09.21.58.jpg
    2012-08-13 09.21.58.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 2012-08-13 07.21.42.jpg
    2012-08-13 07.21.42.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 2012-08-13 08.39.34.jpg
    2012-08-13 08.39.34.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 31
OP
OP
R

Rich

coinshooter said:
Cool on the necklace, see if you can post a better pick. I'd really like to see a better pick of this. Maybe if you were to put it on the ground and take a picture while standing up there would be enough focal distance.
Thanks for the reply! CS :wink:

well i need to get a whole new camera cause mine dont even have zoom and you need a TON of light to take a decent picture,so im gonna grab a better one soon......,but when i do ill retake pics of all the crap i find...
plus i went out today huntn in a garbage ridden forest lot of rotting cans and junk everywhere!"it was horrible" ,but i grabed 2 more bottles!......
now im gonna head out to my other site where i dug that necklace and 44 nick,hopefully ill get somthing....lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread