Tons of Coins W/ a Disturbing Sight

zach attack

Jul 10, 2014
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a local school that I have been at 3 or 4 times now and got tons of coins. I got 8 quarters, 19 dimes, 1 nickel and 9 pennies. One hole had 1.30$ in it!!! Also got a pendant (not old or silver). I hunted for about 2 1/2 hours and while I was hunting the playground this group of older kids were hanging around the basketball court and left an unbelievable amount of trash. I was a little disgusted by the amount of trash they left so I put most of the trash in a pile (no garbage cans near by due to school not in use anymore). I wish I could of took it with me but I didn't have anything to carry it in. HH and have a great day, Zach.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
zach attack

zach attack

Jul 10, 2014
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1435189261.427945.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1435189288.943529.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1435189307.011211.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1435189322.830069.jpg

streetshark1966

Feb 12, 2015
knox county ohio
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter quick silver, fisher f5, Tesoro sand shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
my day was about the same but I had 11 quarts 5 dimes 1 nickel 10 pennies

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
come on dude! take off your underwear and use them as a bag!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you had a nice little hunt and pulled a fist full of clad. It adds up fast. :thumbsup:

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like our local high school!!!? Sad!

Chris R

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Already killing it with that new machine.

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skip the dimes till all the quarters are collected, you could have probably tripped your take home pay.. Then come back for the 10pennys Cherry pickin is ok in a location you have access to over and over. Got a config in my DFX and XLT called Quarters.. reject everything under 78. :laughing7:

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Skip the dimes till all the quarters are collected, you could have probably tripped your take home pay.. Then come back for the 10pennys Cherry pickin is ok in a location you have access to over and over. Got a config in my DFX and XLT called Quarters.. reject everything under 78. :laughing7:

Personally, I don't skip the dimes. I've found too many of them lumped within 2-3 inches of each other. They're small enough that they get lost in "packs." Pennies? I skip those these days. I've got a mason jar full of them (just from the last 2 months), In SPITE of intending to skip over them. When they're exposed on the surface, sometimes they ring as dimes... Had one 2 inches underground that rang as a solid quarter the other day. Still can't figure that one out. Went over the spot several times to be sure no quarter was lurking. Figured it was just the halo due to the zinc embedding in the dirt...

Skippy

olprofessor

Jan 14, 2015
Northridge, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ive found quite a bit of clad beside outside basketball courts in parks or rec centers. Lotta kids sit next to the court waiting to play and lose $. Congrats on a great day!

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on the clad haul. I've been detecting for just 2 years and even in that brief period I have learned just how "trashy" society can be. I once pulled up a complete soda can only about 2 inches down in mulch at a tot lot. Really a shame considering there is a trash can about 5 feet from the spot.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice job on the clad haul. I've been detecting for just 2 years and even in that brief period I have learned just how "trashy" society can be. I once pulled up a complete soda can only about 2 inches down in mulch at a tot lot. Really a shame considering there is a trash can about 5 feet from the spot.

Heck man hit my local beach ... I went around 6am, and found ENTIRE styrofoam coolers left behind with empty drink bottles, I must have stumbled across about a dozen used tampons, a hundred water bottles, chip bags, foil tops from drinks, clothing, dirty underwear, broken kites, piles of cigarette butts, holes filled with 10 or 20 bottle caps, cigarette cartons and wrappers, and of course pull tabs and entire cans and a full baby diaper only 30 feet from a trash can.

I got so angry I just left. I only had an hour to detect and I wasn't about to walk 5 miles picking up all the trash. I'm even more angry that there is zero enforcement ... it says clearly no glass containers so where are all these bottle caps coming from?

TREASURE ISLAND FLORIDA.

If you visit here please use the trash cans ... a dozen of them are lined up along the beach about 50 feet from the trash! :(

Last edited:

gigispop7

Mar 22, 2009
Oklahoma city,Ok
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Sovereign XS-2 Pro, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett AT gold, Minelab safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah i went to a local park and taco bell wrappers everywhere , beer cans , water bottles, just plain trash, and a trash can 20 ft away.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Years ago they use to have public messages on littering. Remember the native american with the tear in his eye. People need to be educated about the effect litter has on our planet.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get a strong penny/dime signal on older pennys....so I HAVE to dig 'em!!:thumbsup:
Personally, I don't skip the dimes. I've found too many of them lumped within 2-3 inches of each other. They're small enough that they get lost in "packs." Pennies? I skip those these days. I've got a mason jar full of them (just from the last 2 months), In SPITE of intending to skip over them. When they're exposed on the surface, sometimes they ring as dimes... Had one 2 inches underground that rang as a solid quarter the other day. Still can't figure that one out. Went over the spot several times to be sure no quarter was lurking. Figured it was just the halo due to the zinc embedding in the dirt...

Skippy

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People are just plumb disgusting!! You do realize, their homes probably look just the same!!:censored:
Heck man hit my local beach ... I went around 6am, and found ENTIRE styrofoam coolers left behind with empty drink bottles, I must have stumbled across about a dozen used tampons, a hundred water bottles, chip bags, foil tops from drinks, clothing, dirty underwear, broken kites, piles of cigarette butts, holes filled with 10 or 20 bottle caps, cigarette cartons and wrappers, and of course pull tabs and entire cans and a full baby diaper only 30 feet from a trash can.

I got so angry I just left. I only had an hour to detect and I wasn't about to walk 5 miles picking up all the trash. I'm even more angry that there is zero enforcement ... it says clearly no glass containers so where are all these bottle caps coming from?

TREASURE ISLAND FLORIDA.

If you visit here please use the trash cans ... a dozen of them are lined up along the beach about 50 feet from the trash! :(

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Schools are just gonna be trashy. Most kids are careless but this is a good thing for metal detecting as they are constantly losing or tossing their milk money. Heck my three year old loses a coin I dig and let him hold within 30 seconds.

OP
OP
zach attack

zach attack

Jul 10, 2014
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Schools are just gonna be trashy. Most kids are careless but this is a good thing for metal detecting as they are constantly losing or tossing their milk money. Heck my three year old loses a coin I dig and let him hold within 30 seconds.

There are still tons of good signals to dig, just haven't had time to dig them all. HH and have a great day, Zach.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread