GARRETT PRO POINTERS DISAPPOINTING- ANYONE RECOMMEND ANOTHER BRAND?

olprofessor

Jan 14, 2015
Northridge, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This may not help since it seems everybody has their opinions on the different brands. I have one of the original Pro Pointers. I don't remember how long I had it, but I eventually had to send it in because the switch was giving me problems. I bought a White's TRX with plans of keeping the Pro Pointer as a backup. The TRX was very unstable. I hated using it. I should probably send it back to whites and have them send me another. Currently I use the new Garrett and really like it. It's weatherproof and the switch seems to be of a different type than the original.

shoague

Dec 29, 2014
Frederick, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro AT, Garrett Propointer+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my garrett pro and garrett carrot

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The day I bought my Pro Pointer AT..I sent my other 2 back and one of them was about 4 years old...Garrett total replaced them both and shipped back...So the good thing is i have 2 back up ones

But I can admit, i put them thru hell, i have bag of rubber buttons garrett sent me ( for free) and I would get mine wet and muddy ALOT..the NEWER Propointer is so much better, they fixed the button to a hard button and i have used it in the ocean submerged under water with Zero Problems

You have to remember that Garrett will take care of you if you write them and send them back

but I would reccomend the newer one...its the same price and everything...Hit up Big Boys, they will do ya right

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steven, sorry to hear about your issue. We sell a lot of Deteknix X-pointers, they work well and they cost less. The new Garrett Pro-pointer AT has a redesigned button and is now waterproof. The Whites TRX is the deepest of the three.

I'll throw in a pinpointer shaft mount and free shipping if you are ready to purchase.

Wayne

Metal Detector Sales Rental | Treasure Hunting | Metal Detecting Stuff

Sorry, i just saw you are a vendor...wasnt trying to step on toes :occasion14:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those changing the topic (the pointer helped me see in the dark..(?!) and those who are posting how theirs havent had any problems- Doesnt help!

Do some research and make sure you are not buying the Chinese knock off's from E-bay. Looks like some Vendors have even offered to help you. Other members had their issues easily resolved through Garrett. My button gets sluggish I put in fresh batteries.
Hope that helps you.

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have used the Nokta pointer(improved Makro) extensively the past five months. Zero issues though I haven't used it underwater. It hardly ever falses and is more sensitive than I need at max setting. Battery life is phenominal

fireaero1

Jul 14, 2012
Gallitzin,pa
Detector(s) used
white eagle ll SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the garrett and sold it and bought a nokta. Like it so far. Bought both at kellyco in fa

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do some research and make sure you are not buying the Chinese knock off's from E-bay. Looks like some Vendors have even offered to help you. Other members had their issues easily resolved through Garrett. My button gets sluggish I put in fresh batteries.
Hope that helps you.

My ProPointer will do weird things when the batteries get low. Gets sluggish like Tnmountains suggested, signal sort of jumps all over the place, etc. I have the older model with the rubber button, if that helps.

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love my deteknix X-pointer!!! never falses, deep detecting, good price, still using the same alkaline battery for over a year and I use it A LOT.

glocks&gold

Feb 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I use the TRX, love it! Though that has a soft button on it that's little annoying.
i've read alot of reviews on the trx on amazon and most people rave about it i take it you are in agreement? im looking to buy one and just not sure which to try thanks!

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ever try the Vibra-probe 560? They are durable, waterproof to 100 feet, vibrate only at the tip and no switches to worry about...They are not the most popular, but very good nonetheless....

glocks&gold

Feb 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ever try the Vibra-probe 560? They are durable, waterproof to 100 feet, vibrate only at the tip and no switches to worry about...They are not the most popular, but very good nonetheless....
where can i check it out i cant find it? Also can you or anyone tell me would a good pointer be able to tell if there was gold inside a rock?Also how deep will most pointers detect?

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most pinpointers detect a coin at 1-2 inches, those with adjustable sensitivity go a little deeper. Regarding in a rock, it depends on how much gold. Most pointers won't hit on sub gram sized gold.

Wayne

Www.metaldetectingstuff.com

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
where can i check it out i cant find it? Also can you or anyone tell me would a good pointer be able to tell if there was gold inside a rock?Also how deep will most pointers detect?
The only setup with discrimination that I know of is the Sunray unit. It operates inline with your regular coil and acts the same way using the main detectors controls. The rest of the pin pointers are all metal types. The VibraProbe 580 can be found at most of the online detectors stores. With a fresh set of batteries, it will detect a coin sized target 2-3 inches away with no problem. The Uniprobe will get 4-5" in good ground with fresh batteries. I use and can recommend both of them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread