Public Test Garden??

AugustMoose87

Sep 10, 2014
Longmont, CO
Detector(s) used
Gold Pan, Sluice, Hand Dredge, X-Terra 30, X-Terra 705, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wondering if anyone knows if this has been tried anywhere, or better yet could point me to one in the Denver area. I know there probably isn't a HUGE demand, but I could see a detecting club or a detector shop setting something up for people to play/test in

What would you be willing to pay to use one? I may have to look at starting "August Metal Detecting Park"... A test garden, detector rentals, sales, etc...

Upvote 0

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I would think that a business selling metal detecting equipment would like to have a public test garden.

A really nice one, which would increase customers and boost sales.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What would you be willing to pay to use one?

Pay? Depends whether I get to keep my finds. :laughing7:

I've always just created my own in the yard.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't think I would be willing to pay for one. I don't even think I would go to one to be honest. Whatever time I would be using to go to the test garden, I could be somewhere actually swinging. I currently do testing at my house when I have 15-30 minutes to spare and the urge/curiosity hits me.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The detector rentals idea is a better one. Allow for folks to try out not just different models but MANY different brands rather than just one in an outdoor/soil test garden setting. THAT would be a good concept.

I briefly belonged to a detector club and that was the best part - trying other detectors.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
The detector rentals idea is a better one. Allow for folks to try out not just different models but MANY different brands rather than just one in an outdoor/soil test garden setting. THAT would be a good concept.

I briefly belonged to a detector club and that was the best part - trying other detectors.

Now THAT I would probably pay for. I'm rapidly becoming a detector collector. I have a few in mind right now that I'm trying to decide between. If I could go somewhere and actually test each one, I would probably do that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread